Do people even say this anymore?

'Hey wanna go on a date with me?'

Would most girls think the guy is too direct because it's not the usual "Wanna hang out shawty?'

Most Helpful Girl

• I doubt she would think he is too direct. If she likes you, she will really appreciate it since you are clearly asking her out. If she does not like you, then she will probably be awkward because she hates to make you feel bad and say no.

So if it is the former and she wants to go out with you - win-win - she will never fault you for being direct. And if it is the latter and she did not want to go out with you, asking her directly just saved you a really long awkward night of hanging out only to find out she does not like you at the end of it.

I say, ask directly. It will better serve you, I think.

Good luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would not ask a lady if she wanted to go on a date. I would ask her if she would like to have dinner with me, or go to a concert, or go to watch a movie. I would not hesitate to call it a date. My generation is very direct and honest with ourselves about these matters.

Younger people don't want to admit that they are going on a date because they want to pretend that it is not that important. . . just in case it doesn't work out. And. . . you ask by sending a text message instead of actually talking to each other. When you start seeing someone on a regular basis, you just call it "hanging out" or "chillin' together" instead of dating. You are willing to have it become a sexual relationship sooner than you are willing to admit that it's dating. Then, when you are finally willing to admit that you are actually dating (about 15 minutes before you start living together,) you try to make it this elaborate production called "it's official," which sounds like you went to the courthouse and registered as a dating couple. If you break up, you just send your partner a text message instead of having a discussion. Then you post a question on G@G complaining that you never felt emotionally connected to your partner.

Some of the things that are different today, different with younger people. . . some of those differences are good. This is not one of the good things.

What Girls Said 11

• wanna hangout annoys me, because I assume the guy really just mean hangout. say what you really mean. just ask her ask upfront.

• I like when the guy says something like, "Would you like to go out with my Friday night and see a movie?" Which insinuates a date.

• not to me. I have a few guy friends, some gay and some straight, that I regularly go to the movies with. if a guy wants it to be considered a date he needs to say that to avoid any confusion.

• @thewanderingme Well context obviously matters. If I just met him and there's a flirty vibe or I feel like we have a connection, I can assume he wants to get to know me more and see how things go, which is the point of a date.

• " Hang out"always seems like a phrase teenagers would use. I'd rather a guy just ask me if I wanted to go to the cinema or out for a coffee or wherever. Rather than say "date "coz that seems too formal.

• I prefer if he says "Aye yo hot thang, lemme hit ya up purdy lady"

• Id rather him say that he would wanna go on a date.

• lol@ shawty. that's pretty awful. the first way is much nicer.

• i would rather a guy say 'Hey wanna go on a date with me?'... if a guy said "Wanna hang out shawty?," I would refuse immediately...

• 'We should hang out sometime' is a more casual take on it

• I don't want casual

• I don't think anyone ever asked me in such an obvious way like 'let's go on a date', but you can still make it clear what it is - dinner is a good one because that's a quite obviously 'datey' activity

• My favorite line is "would you wana grab dinner/drinks sometime"?

• It's the same than the first one. I don't see a difference at all between the two

• Personally I really like the first way you put it.
    I will diss miss the fuy who approaches me that way and calls me shawty lol

What Guys Said 6

• it isn't just waht you say but how you say it and what you are projecting.

I don't say lets go on a date and I definitely don't say lets hang out, I ask them if they want to go for dinner (or whatever the idea is at the time). Or I may make it less stressful and say, I'm doing this (listening to this musician), join me, iwell have a great time together.

That way she has easy bail out but it is an invitation.

• I say "hey boo can i holla atchu rite quik?"

• Can I escort you on a romantic outing? I'm not trying to impress you, but... I'm batman, let's go on a date? There are plenty of ways to ask someone out; I think O have rarely used, do you wan to hang out? I'm not even sure what that means.

• "would you like meet for pasta and split the bill?"

• I use several different variations, but, I still ask them out.

• I prefer: "I wanna fuck you so bad."