Guys: Can girls make the first move?

I really like this guy, and we know of each other, we were on the same sports team. But we don't really know much about each other we've only had small conversations. Is it okay to ask him out to get food/dessert?

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of women make the first move on me, and to be honest I find it a big turn on. I ain't mad go get what you like! 😆

Most Helpful Girl

• The question needs some context. Ask yourself: Am I in the 1950's America?

If you are in the 1950's America, smooth your pleated skirt and wait quietly for him to ask you out.

If you are not in the 1950's America, feel free to ask him out with no reservation.

• I wonder why people always refer to the 1950. women's "lib" didn't start until the mid to late 70's and gender roles never actually disappeared. I'm not saying women/girls shouldn't take the initiative, but this 1950's thing every brings up make no sense.

• @thewanderingme Satire is written to sound serious. It's difficult to express through the medium of words which lacks intonation (think Stephen Colbert) but if Jonathan Swift can sell the idea of babies as food for satirical purposes well...

• I can't stand that colbert guy.. anyway, when using satire in text, most people make it a bit more obvious that they're being sarcastic.

What Guys Said 14

• Yes please feel free. its a nice refreshing break when they do, I personally love it.

• Yeah! Get him op! Get him!!!

• no. it's illegal

• Only in Chess.

• Sure just be ready to face the consequences.

• If you want to do that sure

• Lol you both are on same sports team? Lacrosse? Lmao and hell yea

• Swimming (It's co-ed lol)

• Yep 💁

• Sure.

• give it a try.

• Of course, it''s a new world, girls can ask a guy out and they can even like it a lot

• I think if they would, they'd already have done that.

• Yeah that's OK do it

• They can, and they should. It works better this way, especially when you're young.

What Girls Said 5

• Yep. He might say no or he's already dating someone or only sees you as a friend, but then you know not to waste your time with him and you can move on to the next :)
    I asked a guy out for a drink over fb lol and he told me he would have loved to but he is already seeing someone and we can meet just as friends. But i never bothered to ask again after that ;) haha so yeah, it's okay. Nothing wrong with it :)

• Yes make the first move!

• YES! Do it. I have😊

• NO! NEVER! ;)

• Of course it is. It's how he responds that u have to worry about lol