Would you date a man who has a 5 month old baby and stills lives with the child's mother?

He lives with the child's mother and says they are planning on moving out seperatly soon. He is 25 years old. His sons mother is 30 years old

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• There seems to be some contradiction but the thin is shit happens and some times midigating a shit situation is the only thing two people can do. Clearly there is some interesting back story to qhy this guy is living like that so first thing I would do is figure out the back story and co ferm that they aren't still dating by asking her. Now you've said he child's mother plans on moving out soon so apparently it was shared property between him and the mother and she is opting for a different space. I'd say if they are so good with each other that they are midigating this in such a calm way then that speaks qounders about his caricature in a positive. Think about it like this would you have handled such a situation so well if it where you. Now not to give him a world of credit it's still a break up and with a child on the middle things can seem difficult but from what I can see the difficulty is managed well and can continued to be managed.
    Now here is a question why did they break up do you know?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. The living with the child's mother part was the real dealbreaker. But even without that, the baby is only five months old. The whole parenting thing is still new, he's obviously still working closely with the mom, and the baby (and therefore the mom) are going to require a huge amount of his time and life at this stage. If the child was older to the point where the guy had his own relationship with the child in a way that was more separate from the mom, then I would feel more comfortable with it. But this, no way. A new baby would make things complicated enough, let alone living with the mom- that's just craziness.

What Guys Said 3

• Nah if it were the other way around. I'd rather have her live at my place until she finds something then live with her ex. Thats gotta be awkard as hell

• A double whammy

• Wait til he moves out at least, you don't want baby moma drama

What Girls Said 23

• Nope. I don't want children so I don't date guys with kids in the first place. Second, even if I did date guys with kids, I wouldn't date one that is that fresh off the break up... that's complicated enough that he is still living with her but adding a baby in there makes it even more ridiculous.

• Nope. A guy who still lives with his ex is not ready for a relationship. I also am never going to date any single parents, since I'm not interested in kids and I'm not interested in that kind of baggage either.

• No. He might be in a relationship with the child's mother and doesn't want to tell me.
    Plus, it would be a weird situation.

• Definitely not. He's still got one for in his old relationship. To me it just seems fishy.

• A child? Yes. Lives with the mother? Hell no!

• Not interested in being a step parent

• Nope, definitely not. Not interested in dating a single father.

• Nope, that's too much drama and even if they aren't sleeping together or anything, they're still playing house and I wouldn't be able to get that out of my head.

• İnteresting condition. No i would not probably.

• if it were just the baby yes living with baby's mom absolutely not.

• Absolutely not. I don't understand why he is still living there if they aren't together. There are plenty of options for housing out there.

• But he would have to buy two rents and then that would cut into the money spent on perhaps dating you

• Most likely not.

• The answer is no and don't ask me why because you already know the answer I want none of you

• Karma sweetheart. Don't be selfish, because when you put yourself her shoes you wouldn't even think of this man.

• yes I would still date him he is still human and deserves every thing we all want

• nahhhhh

• I'm not really interested in dating anyone with children, to be honest.

• No. I wouldn't mind that he has the baby, but he is too young for me, and I don't like how he is still living with the ex.

• Frankly, it depends how much my relationship with this guy is. Yes, he has a 5 month old and yes, he's still living with the ex. However, if they are practical people and happy dating others, then, why not?
    If however ex is still in love and upset about the break up, I'd say, getting to know the guy a little longer by dating outside and being friends until he's moved out, may be the best solution. I believe every situation differs and depends on the personalities of people who made the kid...

• * how much I value the relationship with this guy...

• No. I try to avoid date interests if they have a small child and to add that they live with the mom? Sounds like trouble.

• No no no

• No, never

• No, I wouldn't. I generally don't date guys who have kids, and definitely not if he lives with the child's mother. It's just too much drama.