Have you ever been stood up on a date?

I have today. So embarrassed and angry. :/

• Yeah I have ;(
  • Nope thank goodness

Most Helpful Guy

• I vote 'B'

But no need to be embarrassed beautiful young lady. As I've mentioned to you in many opinions to your questions, chances are good that the guys get intimidated for basically 2 reasons as I see it (1) You are smoking hot so they wind up thinking you are out of their league (this is also one way of breaking in a girl - if they don't get advantage of it, others will cause this tends to kill your self respect and you wind up trying to get validation from men all the time) (2) Your confidence (and looks) intimidate them...

Screw the embarrassment, go on with your life...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I have. Right before Valentine's day.

Got stood up at the park with roses in my hand.
    I ending up leaving them on the floor and walking home in tears. It was raining so I got drenched too. Be grateful and take every heart break as a lesson. Grow from it.

• That's awful! :/

• Yes and worse I became even more desperate after that ( so embarrassing I won't go into details) but after a while I learned from it. Picked myself up, dusted myself off and I feel more mature... more aware.. more understanding. Rejection really stimulates personal growth.

What Guys Said 20

• Most of the time this happens to me - because they all get cold feet - I get tons of Likes on those dating apps, and they either don't believe I'm real or that I am a bad guy :( I even get stood up while still chatting - they disappear all of a sudden or don't respond at all :(

This makes me think that I must really suck oftentimes :(

But right now, I might have lots of luck with one girl ! She has invited me to eat Sushi ^^ I hope this works out :/

• I have to ask a very important question is he blind?

Also no I've never been stood up.

But in all seriousness, sorry to hear that, I imagine it's not a great experience.

• Hahaha I'm going to take that as a compliment ;) thank you lovely <3
      It's okay, lucky escape.

• Lol yes it was a compliment :) and you're welcome, good.

• i have. pissed me off to no end. like you said i felt embarrassed and angry. also rather humiliated

• I have.
    Fuckkkkkkkkkk that hoe

• No but one time we got the times mixed up she got off early from work and I was pissed she was not there when I came to pick her up. But we got it cleared up and set up a new date we went out on.

• That guy is obviously a moron. You're lovely :)

• Yes, i too was stood up. It's a long time ago now, but i know exactly how you feel. Just remember you are worthy of someone better, unless they have a genuine and valid reason of standing you up. But nevertheless, it was rude and a phone call wouldn't of gone a miss. Hope you feel better soon. 😊

• It hasn't happened to me.

• Nope, but it's not because I'm fortunate. It's because I can't get a date if my life depended upon it.

• Nope sorry about that!

• nope.

• Yepp

• 23rd and 30 mins. She never showed up

• No one would bother standing me up.

• Ni never dated

• No. I've never been left waiting but I have had girls do the equivalent and give an excuse out of nowhere a few minutes before. It used to bug me a lot but after about the 3rd time I realized that there's a billion and one reasons why someone might not show up and it's almost always not about you. You want to make it about you because you are you and your brain always sees you as the center of every story in your life but in reality that person didn't show because they were afraid or not feeling well or whatever. You just gotta stop your brain from going all introspective and beating yourself up over stuff you've got no control over and let her to just chill and recognize that people are gonna be people and most of the time we don't make much sense.

• *learn not let her

• Yes! But that's ok I tracked down where she lives and took her on a real date in my basement

• Nope, because I've never been on one!

lol kill me

• I usually find out over the phone that they aren't coming or no phone reply back even

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• Nope thank goodness.
    That's shitty though, don't feel embarrassed, you deserve better than that. He should be the one feeling embarrassed. At least you can now cross him out of the potential boyfriends list, you know what kind of person he is and you don't need someone like that in your life.

• Yeah I got stood up to prom my junior year which was cool because I didn't really want to go anyways. I got to stay home, eat pizza, and watch Harold and Kumar instead. It was great.

• I have yeah. My ex boyfriend stood me up on Valentine's Day, of all days, after he'd made plans with me. Tragic. That wasn't the first or last time he would stand me up either. Men in general are the reason I'm not dating ever again so I'll never have to go through that shit again.

• What date? hahah!

• I've been stood up twice both times in college. One guy said he was studying and one guy said he forgot. He asked, well both asked if they could take a rain check. I said sure next time it's raining pull your pants down and play with yourself

• Thank god nope!

• Not yet cause I don't date but I imagine I would be pretty tucked off too

• Awwww :( you didn't get to show off the dress or red shirt?

• Nope. I'm sorry that happened :( super rude.

• I'm sorry to hear that __<<)
    Hopefully he'll make up for it!.

• Never been on a romantic date, but i have never been stood up for friend dates ever. I do hate it when I get ready with my friend and at the last second she tells me she doesn't want to go out, like tell me BEFORE i get ready lol.

• Yes! last weekend, i was pretty angry but the guy apologized at least.