Is it rude to cancel a date at the very last minute?

was supposed to go on this date with some guy today, i woke up 5 mins after the scheduled time to meet. and i texted him and said i'm leaving the house rn and i'm sorry for the wait. he's already there waiting for me. i don't really want to meet him. and i feel horribly sick rn and depressed and i feel like i can't really talk to anyone. i don't really feel chemistry towards him but he seem like a cool person. would it be rude to cancel plans with him even though he's already there? either we just reschedule or something. cause I don't know if i can even think straight right now. ik, i'm such a rude person for wanting to flake on him but I don't know what else to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Is it rude to cancel a date at the very last minute?"

Of course it is. Imagine you were getting ready, driving somewhere and waiting for another person and 5 minutes in you get a call that it gets cancelled?

"i don't really feel chemistry towards him but he seem like a cool person."

Why did you make out a date to begin with? This is at least as rude as cancelling the date last minute.

Most Helpful Girl

• to me yes!

What Guys Said 11

• You really need to get your shit together lol going forward you should let guys know you're not ready to date so they don't waste time on you

• You don't really want to meet him.
    You don't feel chemistry.
    Why did you agree on the date at the first place?
    Don't waste his time.

• Like really there isn't going to be chemistry on the first date. Thats why you have a first date haha. I hope you went

• That'd be pretty damn rude.

• Big mistake.

• Yes.

• Wow, that's just wrong.. It is extremely rude to do that, same as standing him up in my book.

• You could. Just don't expect another date.

• rude asf

• Wow you are a horrible human being.

• its rude that you dont even like the guy but think its both ok to lead him on and flake on him. you're not just a rude person you are a cunt.

What Girls Said 5

• It's a rude thing to do, yes. But if your reason are legit you just have to apologize prpfusely and make up for it and show up for real this time

• Yes very rude. Things you need to think about before you set a date.

• I would be extremely upset and would probably wait a very long time before going out with that person again (if they asked)

• No just be honest with him. It may not be the nicest thing to do but he'll get over it

• Don't cancel