Date or not date?

guys can be confusing af I swear -_-
ok look, a guy contacted me a few days and started flirting with me on the phone and all then asked if we could see each other.
So we planned to see each other for lunch then he just came after practice (he s like a professional tennis player) and brought his guy friend too lol.
I mean I don t mind being buddies it s just I am confused on why would he flirt and all and then it turned out so casual xD
it was def not a date right?

beep
I want more feedback lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Since you didn't give details about the friend, I'm gonna shoot in all directions.

what FrenchyRomain said:
    1) "HE NEEDS A WINGMAN !!! HE NEEDS TO FEEL CONFIDENT WITH A FRIEND !! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND MEN?"
    --------------------
    2) He flirted to assess your openness about it, and he asked to meet, because he thought it would be fun to flirt in real life, but then chickened out, and realised that he's a different person on the phone, and couldn't do it in real life, so he brought a friend to make it casual, but was still interested in you.

3) He could have been acting as the wingman himself. He flirted to see how open you were to meet, because he had a friend who was interested and was afraid to ask, so the wingman asks, brings the friend and then introduces them (or if you've seen How I met Your Mother -> "Hi, have you met Ted?")

4) You asked a question before about being too friendly/flirty, and sometimes passing the wrong image to others. He might be like that as well, and he got chatty and enthusiastic, and suggested meeting cause it would be fun to hang around, but then he thought that you would think it could be a date (when it wasn't), so he brought the friend, so it would be just a friends thing, and you didn't think it was a date.

Which one do you think sticks more? (to me is 2 or 4)

• Yes, I know I didn't answer your question, but I provided more detailed options to make your mind. We need more details on an update about how it went during the meeting, and how him and the friend acted. Also did you already know the friend?, etc, etc

• I guess we can say things are getting pretty serious huh? :D ;) :P :) hahaahah lol

• eyy xD
      so yea? O. O

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 20

• If he was flirting and had thoughts beyond just casually seeing you, I would be concerned as to what he was expecting for his friend. :-)

• doesn't seem like it was a date

• Nah it's not a date, maybe he wants his buddy's approval? lmao I can't see a single reason why he'd bring someone else along if he wasn't declaring the whole thing friendly.

That doesn't mean he isn't interested, it just means for this meeting it was strictly friendly. How did it go?

• not what I expected obviously but the guy is cool haha

• Well, there's always a chance he'll call for a 2nd meeting and make it more of a date. I wouldn't write it completely off yet, see how it goes 😊.

• Nope it wasn't a date. He could have brought his friend as a tag along because he was scared

• Lol, tennis players
    Just lol

• This guy isn't exactly a romantic is he? He may have brought his wingman for a second opinion of weather or not to pursue anything further with you. But I guess you won't know the answer to that until he asks you out on a proper date. I swear WTF is wrong with the "boys" these days? None of them know how to rise up and be men anymore.

• :/
      I mean I don t mind being buddies I just got confused as to why he d flirt and then do that.
      I mean the day before he was sending me a selfie, calling me baby girl saying that he wanna go out so he can flirt more with me etc..

• When people say "can we see eachother?";

- "why, are you blind?"

"no.."

- "me neither. so i guess so"

as for your question, perhaps he and his mate had.. other intentions lol

• Maybe you were the third wheel and he's a homo?

• that s what I though rofl xD

• Hahahaha. So you say.

• I gotta go now

• Well first a male tennis play Sarah? You can do better. He obviously doesn't know how to date haha

• well, I told you already... no clue why he would bring his friend, but with him there no date

• Well damn guess he just sees you as a friend :/

• not if he brought his friend... no.

• its not a date.

• I think he wanted to break the ice first...

• I'm not sure it even matters.

• what do you mean?

• These men are good!

• lol ok ok

• HE NEEDS A WINGMAN !!! HE NEEDS TO FEEL CONFIDENT WITH A FRIEND !! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND MEN?

• no lol that s why I am asking.
      the thing is they were training together that s why he brought him I guess

• anytime sweetie ;) next time YOU bring him on a date in a bar or a pub (not a too serious tone) and see how he reacts alone ;)

• hahahaha
      I ll see about that

• threesome.

• It's too lame when people aren't being upfront about anything, i hate it when some of my friends bring their friends that i don't know without telling me, and the list goes on with girls too.. it's friggin annoying.. i stopped hanging out with such people for doing this lameness.. it's not i'm not social.. but the pricks sometimes can be mean and you won't be comfortable talking to you friends.

• girls can be so confusing? Who cares f its a date or not.

Whats more important is did you like him, would you like to get to know him? Good character? nice personality? Today the term "date" means whatever you want it to mean. Forget the word "date"

WHAT ABOUT HIM? DID YOU LIKE HIM? uRGH WOMEN

• by date I mean, I don t know if he likes me now or I am like a buddy

• good, wish you all the best.

Also be careful, guys can hide their true intentions too. its easy for a guy to call any girl babygirl. so tread carefully but not to also close him off completely as he could be genuine.

its ok, dating is confusing these days. it takes a long time to get to know a man, so think before you do anything

• alright thanks ^^

• Date

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe he wanted to hook you up with his friend instead? Like if the first guy already has a girlfriend.

• He was probably nervous and it made him less nervous to have someone he knew there. I wouldn't read too much into it. He'll probably as to hang out one on one next time and if he doesn't then yeah I'd say he's just a bud.

• Tbh I don't think it was a "date" but it doesn't mean that he's not interested. How was he with you during lunch?

• eghh I don t know...
      he was more focused with his friend than me.
      a bit distant although I noticed him checking me out a bit.
      not a lot of eye contact.
      so not so good really

• Haha girl, IT'S GOOD. Guys think we don't notice these little things but we do. He was checking you out while acting like it was no big deal, that he just wanted to be with his friend. HE'S INTERESTED AF. But just shy, which is annoying.

• eyy I hope you re correct haha ^^