boyfriend called me "the girl I'm dating" ?

So we've only been together for 5 mos. But we have had the we are bf/gf not just dating exclusively talk. We are mid twenties. He is taking me to a work event tonight and last night said "I haven't told many people at about you, just a few of the guys. I told them 'the girl I'm dating...' ". (and then a funny story from the other weekend.) He is a pretty private person and doesn't talk much about his personal life at work. But should I be concerned he referred to me as the girl he's dating rather than gf?

What Guys Said 1

• I don't see why you should be concerned. If it concerns you a lot just have a casual conversation about it. Don't act angry or upset, just casually bring it up.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think it's something to be worried about.. it's just a title really. If you trust him, there's nothing more to it. Sometimes guys think that's the same thing lol, just wait until tonight and see how he introduces you to people when you actually meet them.