Am I wrong to be upset when he doesn't answer his phone?

Whenever my boyfriend doesn't answer his phone or call or text me back. I get really upset, am I wrong for that?

Most Helpful Guy

• unless he regularly doesn't text back or answer then you need to not get mad when he doesn't once in a while

a person shouldn't be glued to their phone and expected to be available to respond to every phone call and text ASAP

there was a time when we didn't have cell phones. you called someone's house and if they weren't there you left a message. The person returned your call at their convenience... i miss those days

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's every single time, then yes you are wrong for that. If it's once and a while, and it's because it's taken a long time then it's fine. The thing is, people don't look at their phone all the time. If I don't text someone back, it's because I am busy. I hate when people get angry with me over it. I once took a nap after work, and I woke up to ten angry texts from someone asking why I was ignoring them. When I explained why I got: "Oh okay lol" back and nothing else.

Just give him some time. I am sure he isn't ignoring you and he cares about you. However, it could be something that will put a wedge in your relationship if you keep getting mad at him over something innocent.

What Guys Said 6

• unless its your first time in a while since you have had a boy friend i would calm down a bit, because texting can annoy a guy who does not like using phones much. it has nothing to do with not liking you its just phones are annoying as hell.

any guy will tell you that

• Unless it's like constantly doing it I wouldn't worry. I don't answer my phone if I'm busy or sleeping. Are you wrong for him ignoring you if he constantly doesn't reply then no.

• Are you one of those psychos who thinks the world stops for you just because you're "the girlfriend" and you text him 13.5 times while he's at work with basically unimportant shit?

If so, stahp. He'll get to you when he can.

• That would be very oppressive. When i was young we had no mobile, we would be gone all day and come home at 11 pm and if was asked "where were you?" you answered "hmm nowhere." Lol

• No as long as you are being reasonable. It takes no effort to answer or reply just not when its constant.

• Maybe he just has other things he has to get done...

What Girls Said 13

• Kind of, considering people are busy and can't always stop the entire world to entertain your insecurity.

• No, but you can relax a little bit. I get a little upset when I can't reach him, but not like REALLY upset. He could be working, or driving, or napping, or left his phone somewhere where he didn't see it immediately, or cooking, or walking, or any bunch of things that would make it so he doesn't notice that his phone is going on. So if he doesn't answer, it's fine, stop getting upset.

Does he not call or text you back if he misses it though?

• Depends, is he simply ignoring your calls or is he not answering because he's busy or pre-occupied with something?

• If he always ignores your calls then yes you have a right to be upset and you should ask him about it. Obviously there are some reasons someone can't answer the phone like they are working, at the doctors office or maybe they are not near their phone at all. In this day and age though I find it odd that someone wouldn't notice the notification of a text/missed call.

• You're not wrong. Just know that guys aren't big texters like women are. How long does it take for him to call you back?

• If it's not like 4 to 10 or more times a day than You need to have a little chat. AND it depends on how HE is with all does devices. I mean I hate when someone is trying to make me hang on to my phone most of the day just soo.

Guess the best option is to talk... or something is not ticking between You too or He's just felling on a leash & needs some space to breath. Good luck ;)

• Depends on the situation. How long is he not replying for, does the message need a response, what is he doing at the time?

• Yes. It's called trust and you should have it when you're in a relationship. What exactly do you think he's doing?

• No dear.
    it's normal.

• You're a baby

• No it is just normal that you feel that way. Just try to think positively. Maybe He is busy at work STH like that.

• It depends how long he takes to text back or call back and what's his excuse

• If he doesn't communicate with you for days on end, that's an issue. If he just doesn't answer immediately, and you're mad - you're the issue.