Guys, I'm 22 should I worry because I'm not in a relationship?

All people that I know who ended up married met their partner around 20 - 22 ( even if some of them marry later)

I have had some proposals of marriage since my 19 until now, but none of them were suitable for me. Now I'm not talking to any guys since I said no to the last guy who proposed me some months ago and I'm completely afraid that I'm going to end up alone.

Everyone of me of my generation is getting married and I'm not even in a relationship. I really want to get married by the age of 23. Advice?

( I'm talking about marriage because in my culture it's the way we do but you can refer it as " settle down" )

Is 22 still young enough or should I worry?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am just like you, 22 and single. While I have dated a few girls in the past few years, none of those turned into an actual relationship. I used to be a bit self-conscious and uncertain about it; also because I would like to be in a relationship. Yet, I have learned to be okay with being single and I quite enjoy it.
    I am confident that I will find someone at some point, so I won't go to extreme lengths to find a girl as soon as possible. I have to add, if I am still single in a few years, I will start to look more actively, but this is fine for now.

• What you mean by looking actively? I also believe in being "action oriented" so what will you do exactly?
      I think your plans are to settle down later than me ( maybe 26/27), right? So for my part because I want to be married around 23/24 and I'm already 22 I need to take action from now :)

• I don't have an age in mind by which I want to get married, but it is true that I want it sooner than later.
      Looking actively would be going out more to meet new people, perhaps take up online dating or something similar. I do have to urge you to not rush into anything, especially not marriage. I would say that a relationship needs to have at least lasted a year (preferably more) for it to be a good choice to marry.

What Guys Said 4

• Well I would advise you not to rush anything. You're already 22 and want to be married by 23, yet you're not even in a relationship... that's how divorces happen. People marry someone that they can't spend their lives with, but they didn't know that because people take a while to show your their true selves.

• What is your culture?

• Christian/Muslim Religious
      We don't date outside marriage, but I'm fine with this. I love feeling precious and that a man should take me properly from my parents.

• My parents have nothing to do with that they married late. It's my opinion about life and I believe being single until late sucks and I want to have children young

• In Western culture, not many people are married at your age.
      In your culture, I have no idea.

• lol no. I mean look at Taylor Swift. She's a fucking trainwreck.

• Aha I don't take inspiration from these celebrity. Rather on princesses like Kate middleton she was with the prince at the age of 22? Queen Rania married by the age of 23 and lots of girls like this married at this age

• She seems nice..

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• Don't set a time limit. When you find the right person then settle down. Don't rush it though because you might settle for someone that isn't right for you. Take your time. You're only 22!

• What's the rush?

• It is not written in stone that by a certain age you should be married or in a relationship, you are setting your standard by the standards of other people remember you are an individual, you are not your friend, mother brother sister, you are just YOU and feeling that you are maybe missing out on something or left behind because everyone else as you said are either married or in relationships just know that it's ok not to be like the others who are, live for you not through the eyes or standards of others, when the time is right for you all these things will happen don't be so hard on yourself, love who you are and where you are right now is where you are meant to be.

1 private opinion(s)