Has your gut feeling ever been wrong?

Sometimes I get this weird feeling that one of my coworkers likes me but of course I'm unsure about this. People keep telling me to trust my gut feeling because it's never wrong. But has anybody had the gut feeling someone like them but then was completely wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• When you have conflicting gut feelings about the same person (at different times) it's somewhat impossible for both these feelings to be correct. So yes, it happens... But, often your gut feeling at least alerts you to something real: if you have that gut feeling about your coworker there probably IS something off about his behavior and him liking you is a possibility (he could also actually dislike you/be scared you like him when he isn't interested you, or have stuff going in his life that has nothing to do with you but that makes him behave differently).

So let's say the probability of your gut feeling that he likes you being right is 70% and the probability of your gut feeling correctly alerting you that his behavior towards you changed is 95%.

What Guys Said 4

• in my opinion don't always trust ur instinct. People don't interpret reality as it is, but as what makes them feel better. Sometimes, when we like someone, we tend to project our high interest level onto them, making us feel that they're attracted to us as well. Becuz of this, we may tend to read too much into subtle things that we consider "signals". Feel free to comment on this.

• Listen to them. Go with your gut.

• My instinct is usually right
    When I ignore it, I get screwed over

• It depend on his actions is he shy? does he stare at you a lot?

What Girls Said 4

• My gut feeling has NEVER been wrong. It is really the most powerful weapon, we should listen to it, always. But gut feeling is usually there for bad things, its purpose is to warn us of danger. Animals have this as well.

About your situation, though... it depends if you like him as well? If you like him then it could easily be just a wishful thinking, and that's not intuition. If you don't like him that way and still have a feeling like he likes you, then I'd say yes your gut feeling is right. I also always know if someone is attracted to me.

• I Have been Known to be quite Psychic in the Past, and Yes... I am not Perfect, I have been Known to be wrong with even a Gut Feeling.
    However, in your own case, If you get this strange feeling with "Attitudes" that probably is the Best from the Rest to let you Know that you may be Right about Some Sally or Joe Who... Doesn't Like me.
    Good luck. xx

• Trust your instincts.
    I go with mines and it's always seems to be right

• Yes. Sadly you can't always go with your gut feeling because sometimes guilt or fears take over. I knew a guy who was so sure his girl friend was cheating but never had evidence. She never cheated. I think emotions and over thinking take over the "gut feeling"