Girls, Ladies, how can a guy be "too assertive " when approaching you or talking to you?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Cornering me and not letting me leave even if I express disinterest and/or flat out tell him no. Being pushy and trying to pressure me, like "come on just give me your number already". Heavy complimenting (one small compliment is fine, but when every other word you say is a compliment it becomes a bit overwhelming and doesn't seem genuine). Not reading my body language. Like if I'm standing there with headphones partially on, not really listening to what you're saying, kind of turning my body away from you, then obviously I'm not interested.
    Being too energetic/excited is also kind of bad. When a guy approaches me, I just want him to be relaxed and friendly. If he's too over the top, I'll just feel like he already has our wedding planned and knows the names of our kids. Not pushy, not over the top, not cheesy. One simple compliment is enough. Somewhat straightforward. Able to take a hint if I'm not showing interest. Not being aggressive if I happen to turn him down.

What Girls Said 19

• trying to make sexual conversation, touching me, leaning in too closely, not taking the hint when i want to end the conversation, trying to insist upon seeing me again.

basically if a guy is a really persistent type and i am so not interested but he thinks he can change my mind, then he comes off too aggressive

• I had a guy literally come up to me and say, "Hi, my name is ___. Your place or mine?"

That was the extent of our conversation. Seriously.

THAT'S too assertive. Like... who the hell does he think he is? Thinking some random girl would just go home with him.

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...57b84892ae.jpg

A lot of the time the guy is being to overly sexual and touchy feely, ery in your face and invades my personal space. Sometimes it comes off very annoying and uncomfortable and that's when the guy is being way too assertive

• it's when I barely know him and he asks me for my phone number, email (not for business purpose), twitter/fb/insta account. I use those social medias to keep in touch in my friends and family. I don't share it with everyone especially some random people.

• Then how is the guy supposed to get to know you? He may never see u ever again!

• I mean those guys ask for my personal info within 5' of the first conversation. I am not into those guys and they are assertive to me. For example, a stranger sitting on the train next to me and asks me for my phone number/twitter/insta. OH THAT IS A HELL NO. And like that you said, he may never see me again and I don't expect to see him again neither.

• A guy acquaintance got too pushy wanting to meet me when I said I dont have the time. Then repeatedly called and messaged until I was creeped out. If he won't take a polite no, he does not respect my space.

• I don't think people can be too assertive... most time when people are inappropriate they are being agressive. What people are calling too assertive and too aggressive is just aggressive, which I don't like.

• there's no such thing as being too assertive. you're thinking of being aggressive.

• I don't think that a guy can be too assertive.

• Too assertive = Being able to see that I am totally annoyed YET still physically following me around anyway WITH his idiotic "guy pack" in tow.

• I think that's aggression.

• @Azara It probably is, mixed with some bullying tactics also.

Guys who do this to me, are always asked to leave by management though, without me ever having to say anything, so I guess that is the upside :)

• If he starts stalking... or being a creep.

• He gets too close to me and violates my space

• I don't think there is a thing as "too assertive"... But a person can be too aggressive.

• Not listening when she says she is not interested and pressuring her to do what you want

• No. I like direct, no bs no fronting

• That changes from person to person for me a man can't be so assertive but he can be too persistent.

• If I like a guy, he can't really be "too assertive," honestly.

• If I say flat out no... I mean it... And I don't like to repeat myself. So continuing when I have said no...

• Yes trying to touch me an be sexual and asking me after I rejected him

• Too assertive would be continuing to pursue me when I've already made it clear that I'm not interested
    Aside from that I can't really imagine anything else