First date ideas for college students?

I met this girl during an event at my school. We had a good time talking together and I really enjoyed her company.

I really want to ask her out but I have never been on a date before and I don't know what to do..

Also I don't have a car and I'm afraid it might be a problem or HUGE turnoff.

Do you guys have any ideas to help me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just do something up by simple. Walk in the park is nice bc you're alone but there's stuff around to distract in case you get nervously us and you can walk which helps jitters but stop any time for romantic moment. Plus it's warm now so parks be I by outside did just naturally roMantic without trying. I'd love a simple walk in the park. I hate dates that are too done up loses its specialness which is things just being about the two of you getting acquainted, now about how much stuff costs. when you really like a person you don't need frills.

Most Helpful Guy

• Seeing how some universitis don't want you to bring a car when you live at the dorms it's fine. My college had a get together place. $2 beers and in the basement of one of the big building they owned. Was like a wreck room. Pool, table hockey, fuseball. You name it. Maybe you have on your campus. My college also had free concerts as well. Even a simple walk or stroll for the two of you to connect

What Girls Said 12

• Is there anywhere close by you can walk to? Like an ice cream shop or something? Otherwise you can ask her out to another school event

• Since you've never been on a date before, I'd say do something pretty casual so it takes some of the pressure off. It might make her feel more at ease too, instead of a formal dinner date. If you live in a city, you could look up events that are going on that you two might be interested in. Maybe a local artist is performing at a coffee shop, or there's an art gallery that's got something going on, or perhaps just strolling through a park and getting something to eat at a cafe afterward might be nice. It doesn't have to be extravagant to be thoughtful and memorable! Good luck!

• I would say have the first date during the day, that way if you do have to walk someone where and it's far from campus it's not late. There are usually things to do on or off campus that would be good for a date.
    Going to a movie
    Grabbing coffee
    Walk through the park
    Bowling
    Craft event
    Some sort of dance
    Lunch on or off campus. (Girl would probably prefer off)
    Shopping
    Etc.

I would try to find out more about her to figure out which date would be good. As for not having a car just say, "I don't have a car yet, I am saving for one. Would you prefer to walk or take the bus."

I hope this helps.

• It has been almost 8 years ago that I was a freshman in college. Back then no freshman guy had a car. Are you near a big city? Just going out for pizza to talk is a great first date. Go to the zoo. I love the zoo. Basically what I'm saying is start by analyzing your location before you decide on a date details. And do not equate it first date or any date with music. It doesn't have to be a rock concert what to see a band. But on the other hand if a band is playing in a local club that's also a good idea

• Go to the park and chill!

• Why would not having a car be a turn off? I'm a college freshman and there are literally like 3 people in my year who own a car.
    I think a simple coffee is a good first date, since you don't really know each other well and you get to talk a lot. Something a bit fancier would be movie and dinner. Also, if you do it in that order and you run out of things to talk about, you can always discuss the movie. Going roller skating (or ice skating in winter) is also super fun :)

• Do you have any friends that would let you borrow theirs? Or maybe a place that's within walking distance?

• Starbucks or food shop on campus

• Invite her for coffee or go to the movies together.

• Ride bikes and go to breakfast. That would be fun

• thats cute just take her to a coffee place or walk around campus :)

• PROM! Prom is the best! If it's in season :)
    Ehh if not just ask her out biking or something in school like going to a coffee shop or studying together stuff like that

What Guys Said 8

• Do you both attend the same college and is it a US one that has the insane affirmative consent rules?
    If the answer is yes, do not have anything to do with any of the females on campus.
    See:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjEl05_BhYg

• Kind of depends on where you go to school. Where I went I didn't have a car but there was good bus service. And there were dances and concerts and parties on campus. Plus a lot of beautiful places to hike, right from campus.

• you got a car?

• Netflix and chill lmao

• Options: Movie; Dinner; Picnic on a hill on campus in the late afternoon early evening with a bottle of wine. I like that one best because it's creative, takes some effort and planning and you can talk.

• Just have sex in the dorm. Skip the wine and dine. Unless you are hungry, then order a pizza.

• Take her to your mom's house for dinner.

• Rent a bentley