I am 18 and never had a boyfriend?

I am 18 years and never had a boyfriend, sometimes I'm okay with this but I wonder if its weird in this generation. The reason why I am in this situation is because I'm very picky. I can't complain about my social life, I have friends, I go out a lot. Also, I went to dates, it just happened that I didn't liked them enough to be more than friends. I also did a big mistake with a guy that I really really liked and I still do because I was afraid. I am afraid of commitment. I'm more the career type of girl, I want to accomplish my dreams. Sometimes I'm feeling weird to say that I never had a boyfriend, few days ago I talked with that guy about this and said its better this way but I don't know if he said this for real or just to make me feel ok. Another guy that liked me thought I am not interested in guys, I laughed out loud. I'm sure I'm straight, it just happens that I don't take much risks with guys I'm attracted to and stay friends with those I don't. I'm not shy, sometimes I'm a bit quiet, sometimes I'm really fun, like an introverted extrovert. I love taking care of myself, I love fashion, makeup and stuff. I'm happy being single. It's just that I'm always avoiding this relationships subject because I'm not comfortable saying I never had a boyfriend. I don't know what people think about this... I appreciate any answer! Xx

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 22 and never have had a girlfriend. I have dated a number of girls, one of which I dated for 5 months, but she couldn't make it a relationship. I am now fine being single, even though I am not career-oriented like you. I would very much like to get into a relationship. Getting kids is definitely a dream of for later in life, more so than getting a good job (though that is important too of course).

As for what I think about a girl who hasn't had a boyfriend yet, I think that is completely fine. I personally would prefer a girl who has never had a boyfriend, since I haven't had a girlfriend either. It would be nice to figure it out for the first time along side someone just as clueless as me

Most Helpful Girl

• There's really nothing with it, trust me. You will find the right guy. Its nothing to be worried about and its not a big deal. You have other bigger and better things ahead of your life you can settle down for a boyfriend later in life. Just enjoy life for now and just live.

What Guys Said 6

• I'm 25 and never had a girlfriend! Don't worry about it. As long as your happy? At least its through choice for you, and you're making efforts to find someone "special. That's great! And you will find them eventually! And focusing an your career is great, and far more important at our tender ages anyway (in my opinion). Like I said, don't worry about it. You're on the right track. :)

• Nothing big
    It's a matter of choice
    So it's up to you
    You're mature and know what's right or wrong for you 💁

• I'm 18 and I never had a girlfriend deja vu 🙄

• I am 20 and never had a girlfriend? :/

• good for u

• It's fine it's no big deal a lot of people prefer and do the same thing you do in reference to commitment or not wanting to have a significant other, it's normal and fine.

What Girls Said 2

• it's perfectly fine. seriously. it's actually kind of annoying when teens find things like this legitimate enough to be of concern. live your life. time for boys will come.

• No big deal! There's plenty of people older then you who are in the same shoe as you.

I'm 20 and I've never had a boyfriend but hey I dont care so maybe that's why 😂