Guys, If he does not initiate texts does that mean he's not interested?

There's this guy I have hired to do some work around my property, and I have a huge crush on him. I send texts, usually starting out related to something I need done on the grounds, but I try to be flirty and continue the conversation to other light hearted things. He doesn't ever initiate texts, should I assume he's not interested?

8

Most Helpful Guy

• Chances are he is trying to remain professional and/or doesn't get that you're flirting. Doing it via text has never gets my attention. It's rare I notice.

Also men don't text much. Short and sweet answers are normal.

You need to actually talk to him.

What Guys Said 7

• he's trying to remain professional. Chances are he has no time to text and chat while he's working on other people's stuff. Especially on his work phone. I'd say he's probably not interested either cuz he'd be happy to get texts from you and talk to you.

• He is probably trying to remain professional, and/or he is not single.

• Or he's having a hard time trying to do find a topic,
    Or he thinks he'll lose his job if he tries something funny.
    Or he's wanting to keep it professional.
    Endless possibilities.

• Probably not. If a guy is interested the amount of topics he can try to start a conversation with the girl is basically endless.

• What do you want out of this? Are you just DTF? Or you want want him

• Is like to go on a date with him for starters

• I can do that, but is it tacky? Girls asking guys out? Are they cool with that?

by the way I already left beers for him last time (had to make an appointment so wasn't there when he finished) then most recently I told him I'd order pizza for us when he was done but job got rescheduled due to weather conditions.

• Then invite a bunch of people out after work and tell him "hey, a bunch of us are going to the restaurant down the street. Wanna come?" Or you can say "I owe you pizza, would you let me make it up to you? "

• How does he respond outside of texts? Men are in general infamously bad texters.

He also may be trying to be professional or of course may not be interested.

• Don't bite the hand that feeds you. That's probably what is happening. I think he wants to keep things professional in order to keep getting work. He could be interested in you, but again wants to keep getting work. Recommendation, ask him if he wants to grab a bite to eat, and get to know him.