If you had to choose only between someone with looks or brains, which would you choose and why?

You can only pick one

• LooksIf you had to choose only between someone with looks or brains, which would you choose and why?
  • BrainsIf you had to choose only between someone with looks or brains, which would you choose and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Brains wins every time, I like to know I can connect with someone on an emotional and intellectual level. If I want something pretty to look at I will go out and buy flowers...

Most Helpful Girl

• Brains! Beauty fades. But to have an intellectual conversation with someone is priceless!

What Guys Said 34

• Umm, I'll go for brains if the brains woman just happens to look like that. :P

But anyway, looks, if I had to choose. Shock horror. You seen those crusty old professors?

In the real world, false dichotomy!

• looks. You can be... not smart, and still be a kind, funny, and easy to get along with person.

All the people who say "brains" are liars, because I have no doubt that, no matter how smart a person was (or how good of a person they are) they have refused to ask out, or shot down somebody, based on their looks.

• Looks all of the way, cuz I don't want ugly kids if I have some and hell you can't teach somebody to be "smart" but ya can't make them "hot", right?

• You mean if i had to pick between Candy from 2 and a 1/2 men
    https://youtu.be/GfqIyeFEAns
    or

Amy from the Big Bang Theory

https://youtu.be/6y9pMlfgxXQ

?

• (High) Intelligence isn't even that important to me in a partner. I'm just fine dating someone of average intelligence. I just expect most people to be smart enough to carry on a conversation, so its not something i really think about. I don't scour the earth in search of braniacs for partners.

But looks are essential. And that goes both ways. If one or both partners don't desire eachother romantically AND sexually - then that's not a healthy relationship.

• Brains because we can't have sex all the time lol

• Looks. I'd love her even if she was dumb as hell

• Looks lol. Brains are important too tho

• Brains: looks fade much faster than brains.

• Well... of your examples I find the girl you selected for brains more attractive then the girl for looks. But to answer your question I prefer a girl with looks over brains. I have brains... I can provide all my own thinking. But Really what I am looking for in a girl is stability and sanity.

• Neither.

• it helps when the brains chick looks like a babe

• To be honest for guys & girls need to be more honest answering this post. I've never seen a guy or girl break off a relationship or decline my friends or I over intellect. Usually it's because 1at & for most between both sexes is, no attraction no interest simple as that. All this poll concludes is that 80% of women are zombies :P.

• I don't care about brains.
    Looks and personality are what you get attracted to, not people's proficiency in calculus.

• Why is it that average looking people of average intelligence can't be celebrated?

• Poll is as expected.

• One week I'll have the brain girl and the other week the hottie

• Dumb people are just as likable if not more so than smart people. I can relate to them better.
    Even if I wanted a smart person to talk to, I'd get a smart friend.

• Brains. By the way, the girl in the second picture is definitely more attractive.

• Never ever am I choosing that second chick over first lol never ever

• brains of course.

• Brains looks pretty fcking hot. Ill take the girl in the brains pic

• I voted b tbh nd im serious about it.

• If it was a complete dichotomy, I would probably end up not dating anyone... I need both :/

• Brains. And it's not even remotely close.

• It depends what "Brain" means.
    Smart does not necessarily means nice as well.

• Looks because smarts is something you can learn to acquire but natural beauty is well... natural.

• Definitely she would have to be smart looks fade

• Brains because a good conversation is hard to fine

• Regardless of what polls say. The people who are successful among both genders in dating are the attractive. Most people both guys and girls value physical appearance above all else.

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 19

• I refuse to choose. I want a man with both.
    Sorry but I will not settle for a good-looking dumbwit or an ugly brainiac.
    Luckily I have a boyfriend who is both hot and intelligent.
    I would possibly fuck the guy with looks though.. if I was single that is 😄 So I voted for that option.

• Seems as though guys are twice as likely as girls to choose looks rather than brains. Interesting.

• Stupid guys annoy me, so I'm going with B

• Brains makes for a better future for us.

• You mean money down the line lol.

• @BubbleBoy69 yep. Also because it's important for me to feel like I can talk about things like science and politics and whatnot with my partner when we get old and it's not just about the physical anymore

• Well, have to see which one loves me more 😂😛!!

So the one that makes me feel love the most 😜!!

• Brains. I couldn't cope in a relationship with someone who was nice to look at, but had nothing else to offer in terms of intellect.

• Interesting how more girls go for brains while more guys go for looks in this poll.

• Brains ---> High Paying career down the line ---> Money/Stability

Looks ---> Attractive/Fit children who are more likely to pass on their genetic genes.

• @BubbleBoy69
      Or:
      Brains -> can have an intelligent conversation.
      Looks -> good for f*cking.

• Just even up the score.

• Brains because it's something that stays.

• While looks are important to a certain extent, I can't date an airhead.

• It depends how dumb the one with the looks is, and how ugly the one with the brains is.

• Looks, physical attraction NEEDS to be there.

• Brains.

• Looks, if I had to choose. I can make him read and watch documentaries lol.

• Brains. But I've gotta be attracted to them too lol

• Brains because i find intelligence hot!

• Why not both? ;)

• Looks cause I can't kiss someone who's ugly. It'll disgust me to touch them

• Proves guys are more shallow than girls

• The second girl is pretty too, so she'd be the better choice. She has beauty and brains.