Was this inappropriate?

there was a girl I've known since elementary and all-through high-school. We liked each other a lot, but never dated. In senior year high school we became distant and stopped talking. Last week six years after high school I saw her at the movies, and she was on a first date with some sketchy looking guy. So I approached her asked her it was going, and said we she catch up sometime got her number (in front of the guy). Now we are going on a date. Was this wrong of me to do? Did I not respect the guy or her/his relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and no. She was on a date so it's not like she's commited to the guy. Plus there was a good chance that she wouldn't be able to bump into you again so she gave you her number just in case you guys never bump into each other again.

Or you could of just said hi and hi to the guy and left

Most Helpful Guy

• You in particular did nothing wrong. She on the other hand perhaps acted somewhat off. You know, if I were you I'd avoid her. Not only is her choice in guys not the best (with regards to the sketchy guy, not you), but she also just hands out numbers with her date right there to see it. That's not adequate behavior in my opinion.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• She gave you the number and wanted a date. It's her responsibility to the guy if it's okay, not yours. Enjoy man, she chose you

• yeah i think it was very wrong