The club was an indoor open floor with a very loud band playing on stage you have to scream to hear one another and it was dark with lights flashing, two bars to sit on each side of the room, and a full bar outside the music room that's a little quieter. All girls at the bars were already drinking so the "buy a drink" line won't work this time unless they aren't drinking already.
Please list step by step what to say/do and consider the environment. (Picture below of where I was)
Most Helpful Girl
I've never been picked up at a club but my friends get picked up a lot. What I've observed is, some guys will come over and dance with us nothing dirty just squeezing in our circle. Sometime guys come up when we are taking a break and talk to my friends. If a girls already drinking you can always talk with her until her drinks done and asked to buy her another one, I've seen that happen with my friends a lot. Mind you I haven't clubbed for at least 7 years so I'm not sure if what I said still works.1
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Guy
Well its not the ideal place because the band has everyone's focus. Also a lot of people who are out there will be there specifically for the music (girls in relationships already but out with friends for example).
What would have been better would be to head to that bar outside the music room and mingle in there. "can i buy you a drink" is too cliche, so don't bother opening with that line these days.
1. Buy yourself a tall cocktail, something you can sip and make last long while appearing to be busy
2. Stand at the bar but face away towards the main body of the room. Look at every single girl in there regardless if they're attractive or not.
3. Identify the ones you want and look between them until one of them looks back. Return the eye contact with her and smile. Once she has returned your look, move on to the next "target" and repeat.
4. Some girls won't be interested so repeat step 3 until you narrow it down to the girls that constantly return your gaze.
5. Once you have a rapport with those, pick the one you like best (or the one who seems most interested) and approach. Big smile, comment about how loud it is and ask if you can join her - then you take it from there. If she rejects, say its not a problem, wish her a good evening - go back to the bar and find the other girls who you had connected with and repeat the process.0
- Show AllShow Less