Are these good dating rules?

Hello. An anonymous guy here, and I wanted to talk about my new and old rules of dating because I'm a person that's based from what I learn by hearing and seeing. Actually I have a couple of dating rules and what their based onRule 1: Make a reasonable standard to get girls, and try to find a girl that I can fix her standardsRule 2: If at some point I meet a girl just by looking her and tell from analysis we are incompatible, I will and further not try because I have 0% chance. Rule 3: If I get rejected by a girl, I shall apologize for my feelings and sorry for my flirting skills. If necessary, I will apologize to her boyfriend ( or girlfriend if she's bi) to tell I'm truly sorry. Rule 4: Understand that are girls there girls that I like and cannot get. Rule 5: Don't try to get a girl to like me. It's humanly impossible, and realize it's by chance. Rule 6: Try and learn to make a relationship long as possible. If I can't do anything and the relationship is at the limit, surely give up. And Rule 7: Understand there some girls that only like me as a friend so only do friendly approachs, and expect them always to be friendly.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, there are not real rules to dating in my opinion, but please see comments below:

Rule 1: Make a reasonable standard to get girls, and try to find a girl that I can fix her standards
    ^not quite sure what you mean, I think you mean find a girl who fits your standards. In this case, I agree for the most part, I would just make sure your standards are actually reasonable, how are you judging? And second, still stay open to other possibilities because some people mistake silly requirements for standards.

Rule 2: If at some point I meet a girl just by looking her and tell from analysis we are incompatible, I will and further not try because I have 0% chance.
    ^this is up to your own discretion, but this is fair enough. However, you never really know just from looking at someone whether or not you'll be incompatible. Especially in dating or going out, people always try and look their best and start off on the right foot, so you might be missing out on some things if you close this off immediately.

Rule 3: If I get rejected by a girl, I shall apologize for my feelings and sorry for my flirting skills. If necessary, I will apologize to her boyfriend ( or girlfriend if she's bi) to tell I'm truly sorry.
    ^you don't have to apologize for your flirting skills if you get rejected, thank them for their time, and move on. If they have an SO, apologize because you didn't know and you didn't mean to be disrespectful, but you definitely do not need to reach out to their SO and apologize to them as well. I would be uncomfortable if you did that.

Rule 4: Understand that are girls there girls that I like and cannot get.
    ^truth. but again, keep an open mind because sometimes you never know.

Rule 5: Don't try to get a girl to like me. It's humanly impossible, and realize it's by chance.
    ^i dont completely agree with this. meeting a girl and connecting with them is by chance, but you can take steps to be a likable human being in general.

Rule 6: Try and learn to make a relationship long as possible. If I can't do anything and the relationship is at the limit, surely give up.
    ^makes sense

Rule 7: Understand there some girls that only like me as a friend so only do friendly approachs, and expect them always to be friendly.
    ^you can't expect anything out of anyone. If a girl might only be friends with you, there's a chance they'll be a bitch sometimes and you can't control that

• Rule 3 is about forgetting the feelings, and feel like asking her was a casual topic. Not nothing important. My rules are based of common sense, and what I learn from

• No no, don't be sorry! I totally get where you're coming from, you want to have some sort of guideline to follow when approaching women, which totally makes sense! I was just adding my thoughts on your rules from a girl's perspective :)

• Oh thanks miss

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Umm, I think Number 1 and Number 3 isn't in my liking. Fix her standards? Those are hers and you are not to meddle with those.

Why would you apologize for your feelings? It's just admission of guilt and you made it sound as if it is something bad.

Overall, those are great rules. Number 5 is so spot on!

• Well not fix her standards. Just understand I might not meet them

• You're absolutely right :)

• Well for me it's that I will always get rejected at some point. Meaning I didn't met a girls type

• Yes, but you seem like your also being just a little too hard on yourself, take it easy... don't worry so much, your very respectable tho

• Thanks miss

• For rule 1 I think screw standards and be yourself maybe if she got to know you, maybe she would like what you do.

For rule 2 Don't make assumptions they can/will back fire eventually. For example the shy girl may actually not be as shy as you think and more in-your-face lol someone you may or may not like.

For rule 7 I don't like the word "expect" sweetheart. Now, if expectations were lessened I think you would have an easier time getting a/the girl. Some of the best things in life are completely unexpected, whether you're ready or not haha. :) The girl may be one day normal, hectic, or completely flirty it really depends on timing and "girl mood swings" and it may not be whats wrong with you all the time remember that.

• Oh thanks for that nice advice

• I'm not sure that hard and fast rules are possible when it comes to the emotional realm, but for the most part, they seem to be reasonable and based on common sense. I don't think apologizing for having unrequited feelings in wholly necessary though. Someone not liking you back doesn't mean they're going to find your feelings offensive.

• It's brush off the feelings. As if it never, and by saying so I know my boundaries that we are just friends so if the feelings pop up again, I'll just ignore it.

• I don't think it's necessary all the same. I think it would just make the situation even more awkward.

• It's a small apology. Nothing big

What Guys Said 2

• Rule 3 is bullshit. U never apologize for showing interest in a girl. At least alpha male never do that.

• It's forget my feelings for her permanently. And it says I won't try and realize no means no.

• i would say that you dont have to apologize for being rejected man. you dont have to apologize for that, some poeple will reject for completely irrational reasons.

• It'y solution of moving on.