Girlfriend hided that she is seeing a therapist. Am I overreacting?

We have been dating for 6 months and i know is not too much but i am honest with her and i thought that she was honest with me.
Until i found out that she is seeing some kind of psychologist because she has been dealing with depression and other insecurities since she was very young.

Honestly i was not expecting that because she always seems so happy when she is with me and now i feel like there is nothing that i can do. Now it really bothers me and at the same time i want to help her.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should feel happy that your girlfriend is helping herself by seeing a psychologist. Many people suffer from depression or mental illness refuse to receive professional helps and this could lead to a sad relationship. I understand you feel like being lied to, but it's not actually something she wants to hide from you intentionally. I spent 3 months to struggle to tell my boyfriend I see a therapist and under medication due to Bipolar and anxiety. I had that fear that he may not be capable to handle me and he may just ran away, obviously I was overeated. You should understand the reason why she didn't mention it to you. It's her business I agreed, but in a serious relationship, it's your business too. Help her by standing by her, support her and show that you care. She needs you !! Good luck :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I get that you're upset, but it's not easy to deal with depression and insecurities. She most likely fear that you will leave if she tells you, that's why she kept it a secret.
    Don't be hard on her, she already has enough with what she's dealing with, just reassure her that you're there for her and that she doesn't have to keep anything hidden from you.

What Girls Said 2

• It's her own issue, she didn't tell you because really it's none of your business, she didn't lie to you, its not something she's proud of. I don't think you're over reacting, however she's already getting help, it's important to not make her feel weird about it

• 0|0

What Guys Said 3

• i think you are overreacting yes. This is usually a sensitive subject for a lot of people going through depression. It comes with a lot of complications when other people know about it. Be a supportive boyfriend, and dont get hung up on the fact that she hid it from you.

• >_< ehhhhh...

No shit you are overreacting. You think getting butthurt about her seeing someone for her health is going to help, or exacerbate the issue?
    You can help her but as long as you trust yourself to not be a dick.

• The reality is you cannot do anything for her. Just remain how you have been and always be supportive. Generally, depression isn't a life long plight, but for some it is. Best thing to do is not bring it up or ask "why are you depressed" because it is very difficult for those with depression to answer and honestly it is rather insensitive to ask. Do not let the fact of her depression change your view of her in any way.