Why don't girls ever hit on me, or talk about me being attractive?

I always hear "so and so" is cute, attractive, etc at school but I never hear that about myself. Yet I feel I'm checked out pretty often and have gotten cat-called from moving cars several times. Girls have come and introduced themselves to me without any effort on my part, they are usually the first to start conversations if they are around me, and one recently even moved seats in the library to check me out. I've been told I'm good looking by friends, and in pictures I've posted online, but no girl in person tells me that. Is it because I'm just socially dead? Am I just imagining they are checking me out? I never go out or pursue women or show any interest so is that why? I need an honest answer, especially so I can correct this (e. g. start going out more, etc.). I have pretty low self esteem because I used to be pretty unattractive in high school (I'm 22 now).

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe some of them think it but just don't say it to your face? You say they start conversations with you and check you out, so it sounds like they do show interest sometimes from what you wrote.

Girls don't show as much open interest in guys, we talk about it amongst ourselves, but we're not like guys who go around complimenting, giving attention to girls all the time, and actively look for dates.

If you never go out, never pursue women or show any interest, that's probably why nothing's ever come of it. Girls aren't known for pursuing, and the ones that do would often want to see some interest returned or they won't bother.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• It's because you're "known" enough man or should I say "social and or #cool " enough with the girls around town.

• You said they start conversations with you, so they do hit on you :/

• girls rarely initiate, as they generally lack guts and are too self conscious. This is actually one of the areas that makes men undeniably better than women in my mind... just our ability to take risks and face rejection. It's not because you aren't good looking. Girls just don't have that kind of guts to approach a guy they are interested in. Only a tiny percentage do. As a guy, you need to do a lot more leg work to make something happen, even as an attractive guy

• For one a girl doesn't hit on a man mainly and if they do men never see the signs. Way I look at it now is if a girl looks at me more then once go for it.