My boyfriend got kind of mad at me last night? Overreacting?

My boyfriend of 6 months and I went out clubbing together last night to celebrate our end of the semester since we didn't have a chance the last couple of weeks. Anyways when we got there we started dancing and I've been practicing dancing A LOT in my dorm to dance/shuffle to edm. One girl and her boyfriend came up to me and we started dancing together towards the front where there was some empty space. Anyways after a few minutes I went back and my boyfriend looked pissed at me saying I went off dancing on the floor while everyone was staring at me. I could tell he looked pissed. I tried for most of the night to grind with him but I could still tell he was kind of pissed that I dance "much better than him" as he said and whatever. I told him he dances fine but he denies it. I don't know why he'd be pissed? I thought if anything he'd be turned on since we both love edm! Anyways he's been holding a grudge since last night and I can tell through his texts he's not being the same. Do you think he's overreacting? Not sure if I should confront him about it again lol ugh.. :(

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly if he saw you dancing like crazy he should have come up to join you. thats the kind of boyfriend you deserve.

and if he's mad that guys were looking at you. AGAIN. if he was there next to you. other guys would have stopped looking.

i also really love dancing. and my boyfriend is REALLY bad. he does the weirdest of moves. but because it is just about doing it together. i mirror his moves and we have a good ol laugh about it.

its just about your enjoyment. if he's gonna try to ruin it out of his own insecurities id say he's not a good enough catch.

you would have had more fun together with someone else. but now you feel guilty for practicing dance.. when you did nothing wrong

• Thank you! He got over it but you're right.. he needs to let me do my thing :)

• Thank you for the mho ♡♥♡ and im glad he got over it. I hope you two have more fun mext time mtogether *kisses*

What Guys Said 15

• It sounds to me like, by leaving him to dance with others (without asking him I'm guessing?). and going to the front and putting on an exhibition, he felt left out and abandoned. Think about how you might react. I feel like you apologize for not including hm and that if won't happen again. If you're kinky sexually, well that's another matter.

• I understand your perspective completely

• Maybe he should take you to the car next time and give your bare bottom and sound spanking.

• You can kind of tell he was pissed that you danced better? no, that's not the problem here. He's upset that you went dancing with some other people, that you ditched him to go dance with some other guy. Now if this guy was some sort of close friend, or doesn't even have to be close but at least someone he knows or have met before, him reacting that way may be a little over. But from what you're saying it sounds like that this "one girl" and "her boyfriend" is pretty much in the category of complete strangers. That you chose strangers over spending time with your boyfriend, that wouldn't sit well. And to all those who are saying he's overreacting, he's whining? talking about being able to keep your cool is one thing, actually being able to keep your cool when your boyfriend/girlfriend goes off dancing with strangers is another. And don't kid yourself, dancing is a very imitate thing unless you're doing some traditional native American dance, but I highly doubt that's what you were dancing edm to.

• His behavior is intolerable. He needs to lose his shitty attitude and apologize. A good guy would be really thrilled to be the guy out with the girl everyone wants.

This behavior is a very bad sign. I worry that he will always be threatened anytime you do something without him or have any success on your own. Yeah, you should confront him and if he wont' apologize find another guy. You are in college, there must be thousands of them.

• I'm sorry but this answer just sounds like someone who hasn't been to a club for a while. You and your girl can get separated so easily. It gets really crowded. It's dark, loud, bodies are everywhere, people are very touchy, if your girls disappears for a while, she literally disappears into the crowd. Her going off like that by herself, regardless of her intentions, could've easily gotten separated from her boyfriend for rest of the night. Him being upset that he didn't get any heads up is not at all "shitty".

As for the whole "a good guy would be really thrilled to be the guy out with the girl everyone wants" yes but would a good guy be thrilled that the girl everyone wants is possibly being touched by everyone? Because that's what can easily happen when they separated. And no this isn't being over protective it's just how clubs work. Guys won't go for girls who's with another guy, but most have no problem groping what looks to be like a single girl in the dark.

• @Baconburger The asker didn't say her boyfriend raised any of those issues, just that he was pissed that she went off to dance "while everyone was staring at her". If the boyfriend doesn't want to dance, he can't get pissed off that she gets up and dances. Yeah, clubs can get crowded. Isn't it great that we have these cool phones so you can just text and say "hey, I'm..." and you can just read the text even though it's really loud and dark. If the asker told it true, her boyfriend is a controlling whiner.

• I think its not that, its because he felt that you left him there and went dancing with other people. Honestly i think anybody would be a bit offended. And all these guys saying he's being immature, would feel the same way. Maybe he's a bit overboard. I think you should just apologize and it could be resolved.

• He is pissed, because if you take all the attention over you and he not...
    This process is called jealousy, he is afraid you might do something wrong...
    He knows that you might deserve better boy than him and start gettin angry,
    when too many people pay attention over you.

• Dudes got issues. Definitely over acting and probably will in the future for dumb reasons. I recommend you get rid of him and find yourself a man.

• I think he's being a whining little bitch, and you certainly wouldn't reward a child's behavior by paying attention to it so I see no reason for you to give anything more to him. Bitch Boys pout, nuff said.

@Mistnigqa808

• Couldn't have said it better rmy self... Leave his bitch ass sitting in a corner alone when he belongs lol

• He is certainly overreacting, wait for him to calm down a bit then talk it out.

• I don't get why he's mad. Then again, I don't understand club etiquette because I'd slit my wrists before going clubbing.

• Lmaoo wtf

• well, since both of you love this edm, you shouldn't really practice that alone, that's like taking that away from him or leaving him behind.

• He sounds like a pu$$y that gets pissed about things 99% of all other dudes would think is great.

• i think this a indication of future problems.

• Yea, he sounds pretty insecure.

• Dump him, he gets mad at you over that, imagine how he'll react over something else that's petty in the future throwing tantrums.

What Girls Said 4

• Not only "He's Overreacting" here, dear, But it is showing me he is a Stick in the Mut Mud as Well, I can Tell.
    You did nothing wrong, He is merely Embarrassed by it all and has a Sour ball because you both are together and he has this Feel it was a Big Ordeal.
    If he is this Grudge bearer on everything, Even the simplest things in Life, Better Begin Reconsidering your own Beguine, Of Grinding with another.. This One sounds like he is no Barrel of Monkeys with just Innocent Monkey Business.
    I once danced in my Footie PJ's on the top of a bar counter, How would he love me now?
    Good luck and Ignore him. xx

• Sounds more like to me he was angry that you went off dancing with someone else and not him. I doubt he's mad that you dance better.

• You both seem to need some growing up to do...

• dump him. You just hurt his little pride of man. with this kind if guy you can't do anything. They will always be angry for silly reason like this