How can you be more comfortable around your bf?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a few weeks now but whenever we see each other in Person which is often I always get really shy and stuff and since I get shy I don't tak a lot to him, I mean I want to but how can I? I'm confident and stuff when texting him because we do text a lot and it's just easier but it's different in person

What Guys Said 2

• You need to break that barrier and start to have that kind of connection with him in person. Hopefully he can make you feel more comfortable in person.

• Try having a staring contest. Eye contact will really help. Also touching like hugging and stuff.

• It will come with time. I know how you feel. I'm in a new relationship myself and I'm always worried that I don't have anything to say, but you don't always have to talk. Just enjoy being close to him, and don't be shy of physical contact, touch him, hug him, kiss him. Whatever you want. I personally would always enjoy a hug or kiss or just a touch on the arm. Just don't be worried about what he will think when you are being yourself. There is a reason you guys are going out. He likes you and probably won't even notice or worry if you do something weird or stupid.

What Girls Said 1

• I have the exact same problem! What you described sounds just like me when I'm around a guy friend of mine. I'm not really sure what advice to give you since I'm struggling with it myself but I think that you should start by asking yourself what it is that makes you nervous around him? He's your boyfriend after all. Are you like that with other guys as well? What about friends? For me, it's the fact that I don't want to say something stupid in front of him and it's like a mental block. You know, some people can talk for hours without running out of topics and I think it has to do with the fact that they don't care what others think of them/what they say. They can start talking about random stuff and you know what? No one cares. Most people actually find it refreshing. In fact, I think we're all more focused on how we come across to others than on what others are saying. As long as there's no awkward silence. If the mental block is you problem then the best solution is to stop caring and just say what's on your mind. I know it's easier said than done but it's the only way. Personally, I notice that I'm more comfortable around people I don't care about impressing. I feel like I can be myself and say whatever I want. Maybe try pretending that your boyfriend is one of those people? by the way, is he the talkative type? If he's not then maybe it's ok to be silent sometimes?