Have you ever missed the opportunity to date someone you really wanted to be with?

I've come to the realization that women who u have met and have gone out with were interested in me at some point because even though they showed no signs of liking me they took some time out of their lives to hang out with me and spend time with me. Me on the other hand never thought they were interested or anything, i thought they just went for dinner or hung out because they wanted to be friends. I guess you learn things after they happen to you. I wish i knew more about dating but unfortunately i was with my ex for 5 years and those were during my early 20's, now that im older im just starting to see what dating is all about.

Any opportunities you have missed with guys/girls?

• Yes, i have
  • No, never

Most Helpful Girl

• it's never too late! once you share a connection with someone i think a part of it will always be there. a missed opportunity could be a future opportunity.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I have. That's how I learned that it's better to to something than to regret later for not having done anything. A lesson for life.

What Girls Said 9

• I feel like I have in the past, yes. I felt like there was more I could have done, but that was then, this is now and I have since moved on. What can ya do?

• Yeaaa... I had a massive crush on some guy in high school (we hooked up years later in college, but nothing serious) and we would always be dating someone else when the other was single. :(

• Yeah, I have. Many times... I was too afraid to take the risk so I distanced myself. Sometimes I wonder what could have happened if I gave one of them a chance but what's done is done. There's no sense to dwell in the past.

• Yes, though it was more on his side that it never happened.

• No, lol, no one is ever interested in me to even give me the chance

• I have, but looking back I know that it was for the best. We weren't well-suited and we wouldn't have been able to make each other happy.

• Yuppp.

• No I haven't

• Yes. He was an officer in the military, a really nice, attractive, funny guy but I was moving to college and wasn't sure how dating that long of a distance would be.

What Guys Said 15

• there was a girl in grade school i had a big crush on. at some point a friend of a friend became really good friends with her and told me that she had a huge crush on me. i really almost couldn't believe it. it seemed like it was too good to be true. i was kind of intimidated by the situation feeling like if something seems too good to be true it must be. we also just didn't really interact or even run into each other a lot

i'm over it now but there was a long time when i kicked myself for not exploring the possibility

• someone I really wanted to be with? no i haven't missed that opportunity. i missed opportunities with people I thought might workout, but so far, every single girl I have ever encountered, there was always no hope from the start.

• Yeah I missed the opportunity to date my current girlfriend 10 years ago, I wasn't ready and turned her down. The opportunity came up again 6 years later and we both took it. I don't really consider it a 'missed opportunity' as such though, since I met some wonderful girls in the interim.

• It happened but looking back, I found better later.

• Yes, because my ex girlfriend keeps kiting me in and out of a relationship and I am not free to try to be with somebody who would make me happier.

• yup more than once... :/

• Oh yeah... and I can't really say I later got with someone better, so that sucks...

• Yep, we liked each other at different times.

• No, but I might be a bit too young for that. It'll happen.

• Probably

• Now that I'm reading this I'm going through a situation we're in always thinking to myself 'is she interested' right after she asked me to hang out.

• I can think of at least 5 times it's happened.

• I have missed the opportunity to have sex with girls I wanted to have sex with and didn't find out until I was married. :( There should be a clause which allows should haves to happen after the fact.

• Maybe, I'm not sure.

• Yes i've :(