Why do girls never write back on tinder?

Once we've matched 9 out of 10 cases they don't even respond anything. Wtf? It's not that I'm writing boring msgs like "hi".

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol because for most Tinder is just a confidence boost. I'll admit I did it myself. I always respond, but it's satisfying to see you match with anyone you swipe right for. Unfortunately a lot of these people don't actually intend on meeting up.

• Lol I was gonna mention you cuz of your a tinder expertise 😜

• i see, i dont have social media. so i understand now.

• Thanks for MH, OP! Let me know if you have any other questions.

What Girls Said 7

• Sometimes I just want to gauge what kind of guys find me attractive. If I really want a guy I will give him a star rating. Just because I find a guy good-looking does not necessarily mean I want him. I am appreciating his appearance.

• Hmm I'm guilty of this. I swipe on tinder when I'm bored. If I'm really interested in a guy I'll talk to them but if not I won't respond. Also, I really take into account common connections.

• You've scared them all away. Lol.

• Well usually when I don't is because I'm not really interested. I'm personally on tinder just when I get bored never to really talk to anyone or anything. Also meeting someone on tinder which I would never do comes off personally to me as kinda desperate. If you've met someone off tinder and are in a relationship kudos to you, but dating apps are just not my thing.

• They're just trolling around on it, for likes basically.

• Someone swiped for them
    They found someone better
    They are busy

• maybe they are just on there to see what matches they have to boost their ego

What Guys Said 17

• If you had expected them to write back to you consistently even for a single hi or hello then prepare to be disappointed. I think it's frequently like that for online dating or dating from using apps because they get sent so many messages from other guys that are interested in that same girl you had messaged which are potential your competitors and then she picks and choose one from the large pool of messages she had received. People can be really shallow and really superficial sometimes and possibly downright narcissistic.

You're lucky if you eventually get a single message back much less an actual date to meet up to talk in person or talk on the phone.

• a lot of people swipe right these days when they're not even serious, it's like they just thought you were cute or maybe saw a little potential but prefer their other matches or it could have been an accident.

• the thing about Tinder is people think match = instant I like you.

that is so far from the truth

• Possibility: It's easy to swipe right and match but then they'll take a deeper look once you message and assess if they actually are attracted or not.

• It's not just Tinder, it happens on other sites too. Females usually expect the guys to show interest in them first, or will send hints for him to write to her if she's interested, like making you a 'Favorite,' rating your profile, or sending a flirt. When they don't write back it's cuz they think you're either not what they thought or you "bored them."

• Buddy because men don't have what I'm a bout to tell you: women get shit loads of requests and they don't have time to get back to them all. That's how much requests they get. One of my subs rules (I'm her Dom) is to verify with me each message that came her way from a guy. I would reward her with each message she showed me. After 20 msgs in a week it was way too much work and We change things up. It's fucking crazy.

• The reason for the lack of responses by females is that a presentable female in your age range receives hundreds of messages each week. That is what females who are in that position have said.

• They are not using tinder to find a date... they are using it for validation. Just knowing that you swiped right gave them the ego boost that they needed.

• I have had that to, just trial and error, I live in a pretty rural area so I need to expand my search radius, maybe the distance is just to far for some girls

• This is normal. A lot of women on Tinder just want an ego boost and swipe when they're bored, so pretty much what the other people here said.

• I think the better question is why are you wasting your time on tinder?

• Don't know never had tinder. Maybe they just like to look but not act?

• Cause they hate you.

• Try this line: Do you know the difference between a boner and a cheeseburger?
    You're not giving me a cheeseburger right now.

• I always had the same shit happen to me, why match me if you don't want to talk? pisses me off. who knows they could've swiped right on you, way before you did them and had already deleted their profile.

• Either it's because you're ugly or it's because you don't seem rich

• Because it's Tinder.

• Can't tell you. I'm probably the only person I know not on tinder.