Is it okay to say I love you to your babymother or baby father in front of your boyfriend or gf?

So my boyfriend and I just got into our first argument, because he has these random conversation that start off about the kids to something else. I tolerated it because that is the mother of his kids but saying I love you was the straw that broke the camels back for me. Am I over exaggerating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope your are not over exaggerating... It's normal to feel that way

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that's right at all.
    It's one thing to obviously be on close terms with an ex who is the parent of your child. But to say you love them? Either you do it because you love them still, or you think you're doing it for the kid, which would only make them more confused because to a kid "if mummy and daddy love each other why are they not together" etc etc (that would be my view - coming from a child of divorce).

So I don't think you overreacted at all, did he give reasoning for why he says that?

What Guys Said 2

• No. I think he should only have eyes and heart for you. If he still loves hi babymomma, let him go back to her. You are too beautiful and life is too short for games.

• If my girlfriend would ever say that to anyone else but me - in the boyfriend/girlfriend English language tradition of the word "love" - then I would walk away from that relationship

What Girls Said 3

• Absolutely not, if he actually said that to his ex- I don't care if she's the mother of the kids, its undeniable that they will always love each other for that reason solely. But to say it I would be insulted.

• No!! He should not say that to her anymore! Maybe they are still good friends and close and they can understand they will "always love one another" because they have children together and all that but they should not say it regularly, that is weird.

• As for the the conversations about the kids, that's normal and you shouldn't be upset about it. But saying I love you to another woman who isn't a family member while in a relationship is wrong, in my opinion.