How to let someone down easily?

I met this guy on tinder and we talked a lot (I'm extremely talkative/social). He asked me out to some chocolate place. He seems like a nice guy and all but I'm just not into him. He isn't ugly or anything but I could never see myself kissing him + he was kinda short and I like my men Tall with a deep soothing voice. At the end of the "date" I insisted we split the cheque because I wouldn't want someone to pay when I had no intentions of dating them. If I could I would be just friends with him and keep it strictly platonic. If he does talk to me again or asks me out on another date how would I handle it?
I would never want to lead someone on either.

What Guys Said 2

• Wow poor dude. You made him sound terrible. Just let him now your not interested but your glad to have met him.

• He wasn't terrible at all, he's just not my type thats all. I didn't mean to sound rude...
      Great advice, thanks

• Lol you were not hahah I was giving you a hard time OP. Thats life and dating tho! I completely understand what you are going though
      I've been on datea with some great ladies. I just get the sexual chemistry ya know? I'm thinking it's the same thing with you and him.

• Lmfaoooooooooooo

• What's so funny?

• "He seems like a nice guy and all but I'm just not into him. He isn't ugly or anything but I could never see myself kissing him + he was kinda short and I like my men Tall with a deep soothing voice. At the end of the "date" I insisted we split the cheque because I wouldn't want someone to pay when I had no intentions of dating them"

Burned him pretty bad lmao

• Oh shoot didn't mean to sound savage. Was insisting on splitting the cheque a rude gesture?

What Girls Said 1

• Just be real. Tell him you had a good time, he was great company, you're just not interested in being more than friends. If he's not a total psycho he should understand, and will either accept a friendship or decline. Better to tell him sooner rather than later.