Do u think it's inappropriate for a 15 year old to date an 18 year old?

Should I care about that age difference? For me three years is a big age difference im a freshman he's a junior... But it's like when I'm older it won't be so bad... I don't know please give me some opinions I'm really confusedđź‘Ś

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's risky as you two are in different life stages and probably maturity levels too. But it could work. It's not impossible. As long as there is common ground and you don't plan on doing illegal things. Also be careful that he isn't just using you for sexual benefits please. Sometimes people take advantage of that cause they think you are naive.

What Guys Said 7

• I was in the same position as you when i was 18 and she 15. As long as the parents are ok with it, as long as they won't press charges of statutory rape, or whatever, in other words are not crazy then go for it. Be smart.

• Not really. I think if you're in the same school at some point it's fine.

• No, basically the same mental level.

• kinda yeah

• Since he's of legal age it's best to get make sure your parents are 100% okay with it. Plus it would technically be illegal for you guys to have sex or anything (depending where you live) so maybe it wouldn't be wise, since most 18 year old guys are going to want to have sex

• depends where you live, i think it is illegal in the US.

• You can do it probably in Japan but I am not sure for America. America is not a safe country.

What Girls Said 3

• If you're not comfortable with the age gap right now, that's okay. You don't have to be. Yes, things will change when you're older because you'll be more mature then. Your brains are still developing.

Bottom line: if you're not comfortable with something, don't do it.

• It's risky so I'd be careful and know his intentions. And make sure you know the laws just in case anyone would want to ruin it. Best of luck :)

• Just... dating... sure! If you plan to have sex eventually--find out what is legal in your state!