Is your boyfriend/girlfriend better than your last one?

My ex broke up with me two weeks ago and even though I'm heart broken I've learnt to accept it as he has ignored me and told his friends/family to do so too. I dont know if I wasn't good enough for him.. He described me as kind, loyal, affectionate, funny, I cook for him all the time, surprise him with holidays, pay for movie tickets even tho I'm not wealthy but I didn't want him to be embarrassed because he doesn't have a job or study, buy video games and play them with him etc. Yet he's never ever taken me out to dinner, not interested in doing other activities with me, won't look at me during sex or cuddle/kiss me. He's 23 I'm 19. I get along with his family etc.
He left me cuz he said it didn't feel right and he didn't love me.

Im just wondering if my next one would be better or I should fight to keep my ex even though I don't think it's the best idea but no one else loves me right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't let user guy break you or your spirit young Lady. You have always been better than him and it kills him. As you stated , you have been the ONLY one that gave in this relationship , and all he did was take. You are a rarity any more. Don't allow him to squash that in you

Most Helpful Girl

• Honey, it's only been two weeks. It's very fresh and you're going to have a hard time for the next little while.

However, he doesn't love you. Don't you think that you deserve to be loved by someone instead of pining after someone who doesn't want you?

I know that it's hard right now, but you have to start looking towards the future instead of staying firmly in the past. Make plans with your friends to go out and do fun things. Start volunteering for causes that you care about. Keep yourself busy doing things that you enjoy so that you don't have time to think about him and what could have been.

This is a time to focus on you and on making yourself better. Be selfish. Buy yourself little presents. Go to the spa. Call your parents (or whatever positive adult figures you have in your life) and catch up.

Eventually, once you learn to love yourself and to be happy alone, you'll find someone new who will love you the way that you deserve. You won't have to fight for the scraps left by a little boy who doesn't care.

You'll be grand, my love. Don't let anyone tell you different, even yourself.

• Thank you so much for the encouragement, brought tears to my eyes! Hahaha❤️ god bless :)

What Guys Said 3

• Move on and meet new guys

• They have all been different, some worse some better

• I don't know. I've only had 1

What Girls Said 3

• My current boyfriend is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than my ex. He treats me so much better, is genuinely kind and caring, communicates, is thoughtful, works at the relationship, etc. When I first left my ex I was afraid that I wouldn't find anyone that I could connect with as well as I did my ex. Boy was I wrong. My boyfriend is amazing in all the same ways my ex was and is amazing in the ways my ex wasn't. Do not be afraid to be alone. Being afraid is the worst mindset to be in. You might make choices that are bad for you because you are afraid of being alone. I dated many people in between them who I could have stayed with if I had been desperate for someone but I didn't because they weren't quite right for me.

• Absolutely! I still have to stay in contact with my ex for certain reasons that are more important than us, I think next time when you do have another boyfriend, you'll be more attracted to him because of the way he treats you and you will never feel like you aren't giving enough.

• Oh god know I had a boyfriend exactly like this and I had spent over 8k on him in 6 months trying to help him! Ditch him he does not deserve you