Is it OK to ask a guy (who you have never met before) out on the first date to the theatre?

So I have tickets for this play this Saturday, and I need someone to take with me. I was thinking of asking this guy out, who I've been chatting with online. He asked me to coffee/tea last weekend, but had to cancel cos of getting called into work. He asked me again for this evening, and this time, I had to work...

So we haven't met, but texted a little. I get the feeling that he is a friendly, chilled, down to earth person, who appreciates art. So I think he would be great company to this play. But of course I can't be sure, cos I haven't met him, but willing to risk it.

Would it be too weird to ask him out to this play? Too forward?

• Yeah, totally fine
  • Nope, could get awkward, and he will freak out that you are taking it too fast

Most Helpful Guy

• Would be any more awkward if a guy asked you out? Come on. Just do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's fine because you guys already had plans. Count this as your raincheck.

• Hope you guys had a good time!

• Ha ha! Actually I asked him, and he said he would have loved to, but already had plans... And now both of us are Travelling over the next month. Oh well 😊

• Oh no! :(

What Guys Said 3

• Just do it. Be like I feel really bad for not being able to meet up lately. I got these tickets and wanted to know if you want to go with me?

• Do it.

• Seems good idea to me

What Girls Said 3

• No ask him. He might actually like it and enjoy himself. Plus you guys can grab a little something to eat afterwards to get to know each other more

• I think it's okay. Just bring it up to hang out if you don't feel comfortable making it like a date.

• a lot of people doesn't like theatre so