Why am I always the initiator with messaging with this girl, she likes me and I like her?

Most Helpful Girl

• I require men to initiate contact with me.

It *shows* me he's interested. Especially when he does so consistently.

He's taking the time to contact me. Meaning I'm on his mind. Even if just for a few minutes.

I notice and my interest in HIM grows.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been there too with some girls. I think some of them have this thing about not wanting to initiate with the guy first because they think it's gonna make them look desperate or needy or whatever, or that it's a sign of weakness for them as women to show how much they're into you. So they would rather you do it. Some even have the attitude that all they need to do is just sit back and wait whenever they want to have a convo with a guy, that you'll always want to.

What Girls Said 6

• Well one reason is that many women are put under the impression that men don't like to communicate , especially through texting or on the phone. We are made to think that guys find too much messaging and texting to be annoying so we don't want to be a bother/turn him off and would rather wait until the guy texts us to show that he is open to talk.

• as soon as u stop initiating then she'll be complainin to her friends over it, i assure u.

• Definitely true! I've had that experience myself.

• @ManOnFire Thanks man, really reassuring :)

• I personally dont like texting guys in the beginning for example. I told a guy we would set something up later in the week (we were both kind of busy) and I will wait unt e texts me. It shows me he is interested

• Hmm makes sense, thanks for your opinion it helps :)

• I should say the same thing about guys! pfff
    Why do I always have to be one initiating conversation with this guy?
    Maybe he's not interested...

:s :/ i dont know...

• If she isn't initiating conversations, only responding, she isn't that interested buddy.

• Iam facing the same problem with a guy...

• It's frustrating isn't it

• Don't give up on him!!! Do you know he likes you?

• How do you know he like me?

What Guys Said 4

• Most are programmed from birth to be pursued and not to pursue. Thanks Disney

• haha what do you mean? xD

• It doesn't matter, in a few days when you would be laying on top of her would you be thinking about who initiated text first? Nah

• She probably doesn't like you as much as you think she does.

• I think you should just move on and find someone that reciprocates your efforts.

• I know it sucks a little but there's better fish in the sea.

• So true! Feelings suck

• no idea.