When should I try for a woman's number? Or should I wait until she asks for mine? Girls your insight would be of help. What should I do?

I'm a man with no success when it comes to women. I'll have a conversation with them, that conversation can last from 15 minutes all the way up to a hour, but I don't know when or if to ask for the girls number.
here is a example. I met this girl in the fall of 2015 in a college course i took. We would talk occasionally, and she was very nice and sweet, but I didn't know how to ask for her number or if I should. We met again in spring of 2016 in a course. Still talking occasionally and being friendly with one another. I believe i will be in a course this summer with her, and I want to get closer to her. How should I ask for her number? When meeting any woman when and how should I ask for her number? Any ideas or tips?

Most Helpful Girl

• Step one:

Approach girl

Step two:

Make conversation with girl

Step three:

Get super honest with her like: "Listen, I think you're beautiful and you're a blast to talk to, can I get your number?"

• Should I really do that even though I have had previous conversations with the girl? Wouldn't it make things a tad awkward if she says no? Sorry if I sound doubtful, but I'm a introverted person with social anxiety.

• Okay, thanks for the advice, I'll try it.
      P. S. I liked your article on things women wish men knew.

• Thank you <3

What Girls Said 1

• If you want her number, don't wait for her to ask you, because she might never ask. Just start a conversation beforehand and work your way up.

What Guys Said 1

• you can even ask for it the moment you met her.