Would you dump a girl if she ask you to buy her a lot of things? Like food, clothes, etc.. ?

• Yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a bank or an ATM. Having a penis doesn't mean my job is to buy you (or any girl) things. While I often enjoy spending money on a girl, it's always MY choice if and when. The minute she *expects* it, I stop doing it.

Unless you are looking for a "traditional values" relationship where you stay home, take care of the house and do everything for your man (cook his meals, wash his clothes, make his bed, clean his room, etc. etc.) while he works and pays for everything, then you need to realize that equality works both ways - you have the ABILITY and OPPORTUNITY to earn your own way, and you also have the RESPONSIBILITY to do so.

• I'm not from usa and in my country women have 20 % less salary than a men and it's really hard for them to find a job who pay well (more than 1500 - 2000 it's pratically impossible).
      Plus I'm a traditional girls, I don't ask for equality or anything. I believe in gender roles. Men and women are different you can't deny it.

• Ok, in that case, and in that culture, it's very different. in my opinion there is nothing wrong with traditional gender roles - it worked, and most people were pretty happy. There's also nothing wrong with equality.

Where I have a problem is when people want all the privileges and none of the responsibility. That's not fair or right.

You don't seem to be looking for that, though, so in my opinion you're fine.

• Thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.

What Guys Said 18

• Eventually that would get old. She better be real good in bed!

• If she asked it she might be dumped before she had finished asking.
    Onlymy wife is allowed to ask that.

• heck yeah. i´m no sugar daddy. make your own money, bitch xD that´s different of cause in case we are in a relationship and she happens to decide to be stay at home wife, which she certainly doesn´t have to by any means. in that case i´d expect her to do most chores though.

• even if the women is not a housewife it's her who do all the chores anyway so...

• well not everybody is like that luckily ^^

• Yes, if they tell you "ugh I have a bf" everytime you're just being nice it'll become annoying really quickly.

• Yes, in a situation where she could afford everything she really needs, but wants to leech money out of me.

Otherwise, I will buy my girlfriend a lot of nice things, pay the bill and so on, just because I can, and not because she makes me (she buys her own clothes, pays a lot of her stuff, etc, and spends all her money anyway).

• Fuck that. Unless she's hot. Then I'd keep her around until I got bored of her.

• Yes, I would. There are more important things that materialistic goods.

• Like what?
      if she really like that kind of things ?

• I'm not a charity. I'll take a self sufficient woman please.

• at least with an escort yknow how much you're spending upfront

• Yes. A relationship isn't a spending spree, it's about love, commitment, honesty and perseverance

• and if you have all of this and she ask you to buy her something?

• Yeah, but these days relationships are all about spending. I find it stupid.

• Buy your own shit and accept gifts graciously. Don't ask for shit.

• Most definitely. I am not your credit card nor your wallet.

• but it's your girlfriend so it's normal to buy her gift

• A spontaneous gift here and there yes. But I am not the kind of guy that likes a girl that says buy me this, buy me that.

• Yes because that's ridiculous

• Nerp. She gets what she gets and if she wants more she's welcome to use her own money.

• and if she doesn't make a lot of money and can't make more?

• Then I'm likely to be more generous. Still, don't ask for things unless you like the sound of the word "no".

• Nope, I don't want to be used as a debit card...

• I mean yep, I would dump her.

• it's not being used it's just a way to show affection and plus in return you have a girlfriend who like you so

• There are many ways to show affection beyond buying her lots of things. Also, if my buying her things is why she likes me, she doesn't like me, she likes what I can buy her...

• That's gold digger.. sorry

• no, I don't think it's but anyway if it's what's wrong with that?

• It's not nice, i wouldn't trust her feelings.. she loves me for my money? nah just nah

• yes but it depends on if that seems like all she cares about, cause were not for money

• for me it's just a way to show affection

• its not, there's better and valid ways to show affection

• I would take care of her :) like a man should

• that's good, that's so rare nowadays

• Yea, you seem like a nice kind and intelligent girl, I'm sure you will find a man one day who's nice and does stuff like that and also treats you very well, :), good luck to you

• I hope :)
      Thank you it's really nice :)

• Depends how hot she is but eventually I would get annoyed at that

• and she's hot and really adorable?

• Yeah maybe but I don't know how long I could keep it up, lol

What Girls Said 4

• Heck I would dump me if I did that. I think it's sweet if a guy wants to buy you stuff, but that doesn't mean he should be buying everything for you.

• For me it's a way to show your affection

• Yes but if he doesn't buy you any gift, nothing.

• I still don't think that's always true. I've dated guys who don't buy me stuff before. I still felt just as loved. They expressed their love in a different way. It depends on which of the five love languages you prefer and understand.

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

Gifts do not always equal affection. It is possible to get a gift that has no affection behind it and it is also possible to get no gift but still receive affection.

• That sounds awfully like she's just using him for his money. Any sensible man wouldn't put up with it.

• Hell YEAH! ( If I was a guy )

• YEs If I would be a guy