Do guys ever date girls they're not really into?

I'm just hating life wondering why he chose this random person he just met over me, reguardless of everything we had and everyone (including his friends) saying it truly isn't me it is him with 'problems', I can't shake the constant thought why her what do they even talk out they don't know each other how/why would he want to spend time with her...

Anyway wondering if guys ever date girls they're not really into, and if your interested in commenting I understand there are many possibilities why but maybe you may have one I haven't thought of..

• Yes (We do) M
  • Yes (They do) F
  • No (We don't ) M
  • No (They don't) F

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys definitely do, yes. In particular, guys who lack confidence and are desperate for a girlfriend and/or for sex. If for whatever reason he thought he could get what he wanted faster/easier from her than from you, it's definitely possible that he choose her instead even if he's not all that into her. And, yes, that means HE is the one with the problem (s).

It also means that when he eventually thinks he can do better, he's going to either dump her or cheat on her, and he won't care much because he was never really into her in the first place.

What Guys Said 14

• The reason is that they think she's good enough for now, until I find one better. It's immature to do that to people it's a form of using others in my mind. Both sexes have done this, this also falls under the relationship rebound of filling the void, until I can get my ex back or until I find someone comparably similar to my ex then get with him or her, is often the mentality here that I've seen.

• If I kmow I'm not interested in her in any way, no I don't date her, why would I.

There has to be something there. You may be looking at physical (like she isn't as good looking as you, or classy, or she's from poor area). If so, you are looking at this wrong.
    People "click" sometimes because they see in the other something they are familiar with... possibly a parent and possibly a bad parent. So they can talk, have some common experience and that helps them feel connected. If he has problems (his friends are probably right) then that is what is going on. His inner wounded child is drawn to what he sees in this other girl.. which is probably similar to some problem he had. Like say his mom was controlling, so she's a controlling... and he feels comfortable with that because its familiar. Get it?

• I'm sorry that you're in this predicament. By asking this question I'm sure you're hoping that you'll have a concrete answer about why guys are interested in the girls they date but the truth is that everyone has different preferences. Many people date those they don't know very well because of physical attraction and then they use dates to learn more about that person. Others like to learn more about people prior to the whole dating process. Use this time to realize that this guy isn't worth your time because he isn't considering the many qualities you have to offer. It's a hard pill to swallow when your own interest is focused on him but I'm sure there is a guy out there for you who will appreciate you for the characteristics that you possess.

• Yes, guys do, just for the fun, not to settle with her forever, its not love, I call it games and lust, guys are just having fun, and sometimes the girl knows it, these are temporary relationships but they exist.

• Nope that would be a waste of my time. I onky date women I am in to.

• Yep. It's called "fuck being alone, this person will do" and it always ends badly.
    I've done it twice with a fair amount of regret but I've know a few dudes who have gotten married with this mentality. There's a reason I don't know them any more.

• I imagine they do because they're either a) desperate or b) want someone to screw.

I've never done it myself though.

• I did because I wanted some easy sex, and she wanted me.

Later on she turned out to be really sweet and I have been with her for 2.5 years so far, will probably marry her :)

Initial attraction can be deceiving, sometimes you can give a chance to somebody you are not initially into, even if for a stupid reason, they can turn out to be your soulmate.

• if guys do it must be in your age range lol because if a guy gets with a girl he really isn't into he s gonna toss her when the right girl notices him. no guy in his right mind goes for a girl he isn't in to.

• I was lead to believe it had something to do with his inexperience..

• thats true but how many guys your age can you honestly say are inexperienced? i mean it honestly could be but i highly doubt it if you know the guy.

• you say that he left you for some other girl... you don't explain why, what she looks like, what you look like, how she acts, how you act, what she likes what you like... etc... we can't fully understand the problem if you don't explain it

• Hell no lol

• How about you?

• How about me?

• never; but the older I get the more I realize what I consider common sense/practice isn't foreign to most

• is**

• I stay away from girls I'm not into.

• I have - just because I thought there was a better chance of getting laid - I was only 16/17 at the time and I wouldn't do it now - its not fair on myself or her if I was to date for no real reason

What Girls Said 1

• Yes sometimes they're desperate