Boyfriend going to convert with another girl?

We're long distance, so there's a ton of friends of his I haven't met. She's one of them, but I've also never heard him talk about her. He says she's an old friend. However, the only way I found out he was going with her, is because she tagged him in a post on FB that said "pumped for tomorrow night!" with the band's song linked to it. So, I calmly confronted him about it, and why he didn't tell me she was the person he was going with, and he said "because you didn't ask." When I tried to ask questions, and let him know how it made me feel, he hung up on me... like a thirteen year old girl. I wouldn't have been AS upset if he would have been upfront about this, but he wasn't. And he feels like he shouldn't have HAD to tell me he was going with a girl. I just find it hugely disrespectful. I'd never think of doing anything with my male friends without him unless I let him know in advance... i don't ask permission, but out of respect, I do let him know. Am I overreacting?

CONCERT, not convert. Sorry. And I realize my question posted twice. My bad.

What Guys Said 2

• so there going to convert at a concert? is it a religious thing? and i would say he should have had the decency to tell you at least. though some guys dont think that far a head its to much like having plan.

• Oh what's he converting to? Judaism? Islam?

What Girls Said 1

• Nope. Not overreacting. If you're boyfriend and girlfriend that's just plain disrespectful and I would not tolerate that shit.