Can't be myself around some girls?

Does it really make a difference?

I'm not exactly Mr. Confidence and Mr. Outgoing but I am no downer either. I'm also not an introvert, I actually love talking to people and laughing with them, but if I don't know them I go into my quiet mode and can't be well... myself

I think this is why I don't have a girlfriend, because I don't know them enough to be myself around them...

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, feeling that way is normal. There are plenty of people who feel like you. I'm outgoing but I still have to warm up to someone when I first meet them. Also, it's common when u find someone attractive you get shy around them & u don't know how to act or be yourself but the best thing is to just tell yourself as a reminder be yourself & if that person thinks ur weird or something, that's there problem. It's always best to be yourself around people cuz people like genuine people who are true to themselves. :) Sometimes you just got take a risk & not care what people think.

What Girls Said 1

• It does not matter as much as being Mr. Confidence and Mr. Outgoing. Those will better serve you now than being yourself.

I do believe getting a girlfriend and getting a girl interested is pretty much the same thing for a guy your age. If that is true, then my advice is fake it until you make it.

A girl will more likely be attracted to you if you are Mr. Outgoing and Mr. Confidence. Just a fact in life.

If you aren't and most guys aren't, that is fine. In ten plus years, women will be clamoring after you. Right now, not so much.

Just how it is. I believe it takes awhile for a woman to really figure out what it is to value in a man, and sometimes even then, they still do not figure it out.

Nowhere in her grown up world should bad boy figure into it but for some reason, unknown to me, it can, and often does figure into her young world.

So if you can fake being confident and outgoing, you can get your foot in the door and that is why I recommend faking it until you make it. With women, old, young or middle aged, once you get your foot in the door all pre-conceived crap goes out the window and then we really like you or not. The goal is to get your foot in the door.

My advice, do what it takes to get your foot in the door, once in the door make sure you are a good and honest man. That should be in enough in life. It should be enough for you to live with yourself guilt free and enough for her to make an informed opinion.

And I for one hope it is.

Good luck to ya'.

What Guys Said 0