Why is dating so hard? Do you really have to pay to meet someone?

I've been doing the online dating thing on and off for several years. I'm at the point now where I am single again and have been for a while. I went back online to try my luck yet again. However, this time I don't seem to be having any luck.

Unfortunately I don't meet a lot of guys in person, and even less single guys at that. It seems like everytime I meet a guy, he's already taken. I'm currently trying to find groups and activities in my area to meet single guys (which is hard because I live in a small town).

Anyway, I've been considering joining a paid site and hiring a dating coach. I just don't know if it's worth the money. I guess I'm afraid to waste money and end up still in the place I am right now.

I wear my heart on my sleeve, I'm a really nice person. I have a lot of love to give and am an incredibly easy going person. I love to cook, and watch movies, but I also love nature and animals. Lots of people have told me I'm great, and I've had guys interested in me (but they are taken so nothing could happen). So I don't know why I am having such a hard time.

I have friends who treat their bf's like crap who are getting married! And yet I struggle so much just to even get a date :(

Any suggestions are welcome! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You're a girl... Dating is not this hard... Like.. Seriously.. You are the superior gender here... Evidently you are doing something obviously massively wrong to not be able to date.

I don't know what to say.. But no.. Don't pay that's stupid as fuck.. As I said you're a girl. Simply being a girl entitles you to a relationship. Start using that entitlement.

• So how do I go about doing this then? I don't know what I am doing wrong. I've tried to be friendly, nice and that gets me nowhere. Guys shy away from even asking me out. It seems to be too much. I usually push to meet and go on dates. I just don't get why all the work is on my end...

• I'm not sure to be hones matey, clearly you sound like a lovely person?

I hate to say it, but it could just be they're not attracted to, not to say you're not attractive. Just everyone has different tastes ya know?

Eh.. I know it's shit to feel like that but do know many guys feel the same way. I suppose you just gotta find that sort of guy. And believe me there's a lot.

Good luck matey

• Thanks!

What Guys Said 2

• you are not alone.

• I am single

• Get your ass to the uk

• Seriously, I feel like I have to move out of my country just to find someone. I just don't know how everyone around me does it! All the guys I meet are so hesitant to even talk to me :/

• It rubbish I agree

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think it's worth it. I think you can learn more things from trial and error or from observing other people.