To increase attraction, do you text more or less?

Some people think that chitchatting or flirting on text can build more rapport and attraction with someone. Others think that little to none texting can make the other misses or wonders more about u.

What do you think then?

• More texting increases attraction
  • Little texting increases attraction

Most Helpful Girl

• I like texting because it lets me get to know the guy better, to a certain degree. Obviously things come off different over text than in person, but at least you know they're interested in you and can gauge a general idea of what they like to do and what not. However, I hate to admit it because I HATE that guys do this, but little texting does increase my longing for the person. I'm constantly thinking about my crush because he texted me 2 weeks ago, I texted back, and he never responded and I don't get to see him in person until August so I'm always wondering if he's thinking of me. I do think it's good that we're not texting all summer though- building a relationship off text isn't the same as being with that person face to face. So overall, I do think little texting increases attraction but I do like that more texting makes intentions clearer.

• Have u tried purposely not text a guy just to see if he would text u first, so u can know if he's thinking of u?

• Yes, definitely have

Most Helpful Guy

• I would really like to know the answer to this. I mean I personally love it if a girl texts me. And I prefer more contact.

But I can't understand sometimes girls seem to take it for granted or treat you like a friend if you text more often?

Though I feel like initiation goes up if you text more, but then is it just friendly or flirty?

And if you text less often, but you initiate more, is that good or bad?

And in circles we go!

What do you think? Honestly I'd love to know, cos I used to text back and forth with a great girl every so often with mutual initiation. It seems to have gradually turned to more like monthly, but more me initiating. There is distance involved now, but still, I don't get it. Even if we were friends, is this good?

Interestingly she always always replied and enthusiastically? Leaving me even more confused as to whether she likes me at all and whether she likes me the same way I like her?

Girls pls advise

What Girls Said 7

• Pft.

I text my boyfriend one text for each letter of his name. So the first text will just read, "J" and the next will read, "A" and the next, "S" and so on until I've sent him one for every letter, first, middle, and last name.

And I did that pretty soon after meeting him. There's no such thing as a "don't text too often" rule lol

• What if you were just dating instead of in a relationship?

• I'm inclined to believe I'd do the same. I did it before we were official so...

I don't see the point in hiding what he's signing up for lol like... I can be pretty freaking obnoxious and he needs to know whether or not he can deal with that long term.

• Depends on how much they are into you. I was very into this guy and yesterday I texted him if he is free for a coffee. He saw a message but didn't reply. Instant turn-off right there. I'm already over him. Call me demanding but I don't care, I'm not gonna put up with being ignored, it's plain rude.

• I agree that using the phone to set dates is just fine, I'm referring to chitchatting by text in general.

• Well I would love to ask her out, but there is some distance atm (timezone wise). So I have to wait till I visit her or she visits again to ask for that right? Pls see my reply to Audax below.

You have some really useful thoughts, would appreciate your advice on this!

I too agree, that you text when you are interested. It's just how to convey in this scenario and how often to text. This would be in preparation/keepng rapport for a possible date later on. Or are you saying, you just keep off the radar till you meet? Do women prefer that then? For guys not to text them?

Thoughts (see what I repled to audax for any details on this nice girl)?

• Pls see what I wrote to audax and what do u think?

• More texting increases attraction. I would see option B being a "I'm not interested" situation going on. And no person wants that when you like someone or generally interested

• You do? What do you make of my comment then above? I'd really like some advice on this!

• Do women view guys who text them more as friends or as potential bf's?

• I text them more so I can get to know them better.

• I text whenever the fuck I wanna ok with as big or small texts as I want

• I like sexting helps keep excitement, and keeps the relationship fun, and kinky.

• who said that less texting increases attraction?

What Guys Said 5

• people make up these stupid rules saying if you text too much you look sad or response to fast. then we have all these girls (or guys) on here asking,

"What did i do wrong" or " He barely talks to me does he like me?"

do whatever you feel fit. i text a lot and if it makes me look sad w/e its that girl's loss. lol

• Neither. Build rapport, and then back off a bit. As Heidegger said, "We pursue that which retreats from us." You do have to give her a reason to pursue first though.

• That's a great quote. What do u mean by giving her a reason to pursue? By initiating the text conversation?

• P. s. sometimes she seems really smitten and says 'so sweet' for her bday wishes or some text I send. I'm trying to be more playful tho, but it's hard via text, especially when it's out of the blue catching up texting?

Is texting more often better, or too friendly, or is less often, and not keepng on the radar not good? I feel like it's less initiation from her (she still does sometimes tho), but more in depth texting now. In person, it's still fairly playful, but I get nervous (plus she's only been single once when I met her).

Do women not realize a guy likes them lol?

Feel free to pm me if you prefer.

• @howardque I recently found out that texting may not be a good option to keep in touch, I'd prefer calling more now, especially for long distance relationship, but in the end, if u like a girl, u wanna see her in person, a phone relationship won't keep things for long.

• I think it's good to be consistent, and mirror her style to some degree

• Um.. First one.

• Text meaningfully.