How come I feel so uncomfortable about meeting up with someone new?

Short question. Things have been over and done with my ex for a year. It wasn't an easy break up and trying to move on really hasn't been any easier. But when the guy doesn't think there's a way to fix the relationship then, there's nothing left to fight for.

Anyway, I've met a new guy. He's lovely, kind, caring and funny. He asked me to do something with him this weekend, and I agreed. But I'm SO stressed out about it. I don't feel ready and I'm panicking because I think he really might like me.

Why do I feel so uneasy and uncomfortable? :/

Most Helpful Girl

• You're just nervous! Perfectly normal for first dates even for people who didn't go through a bad break up. But you might also be nervous because you're already preemptively thinking WAY too far ahead, like, what if we get together and everything's great and he leaves too.. why do I even want to give myself the chance to get hurt like this again..

Dont worry so much about what might happen, go, have fun, feel it out and don't expect anything out of yourself or him.

What Guys Said 3

• Because vulnerability is also a threat.

• cuz this is teh first guy you've been really into since your ex?

and you're scared where it could possibly lead (a difficult break up.. like the one u had a year ago)

just know, he's not your ex. so he won't act teh same or treat you the same... so hopefully you'll have some comfort knowing the outcome won't be the same.

for all we know you and him might be dead next week. so enjoy the present and quit worrying about the future.

• I know I just don't know if I fancy him or that though, I don't think I want a relationship and I don't want to lead him on :S

• I see.*

• It's not even a date :/ Also we've met before! We know each. Other and I think he's kinda liked me for quite a while

• enjoy single life then.

What Girls Said 1

• Likely it's cause you are out of it. You haven't been dating. You're now confronted with a new situation that you haven't been in for ages. You're basically scared of the uncertainty.