Why are 'shorter' guys seemingly at a disadvantage in terms of dating?

I'm 5ft 6, wouldn't call myself all that attractive, but in terms of dating I feel like shorter guys are never really able to get anywhere because of this. I'm a sweet romantic, I've always been told I'm a good flirt and I'd be a amazing boyfriend, but I'm like the last guy anyone seems to bother with.

Last relationship I had was 3 years ago, I've been in and out of depression for other reasons ever since and just given up on dating for the time being, I'm going University soon so I hope to start again there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because typically speaking, women prefer guys from 6'0-6'3.

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't feel as safe and feminine with shorter guys.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• yeah it sucks.. I s'ppose, that's just what most girls like. Tall. It's part of the attractive package they look for.

• Evolutionary biological attraction is a bitch ain't it

• I don't know. I'm 6'9" and I'm at a disadvantage too. Girls have said it to my face (and on GAG) that I'm too tall for them.

• I know some 5'6" guys with hot girlfriends. So I don't think it must matter much.

• Women want to be smaller than the guy. On the same boat brother.

• Because they can't reach the same standard as their taller brethren.