Asked her out over facebook, did I pretty much destroy my chances?

Alright so I've like this girl at work for too long, she definitely shows a lot of signs she likes me. Problem is i never had a chance to ask her in person without being infront of 3 other coworkers. Got to a point where i'd rather get rejected so i can move on instead of having a shot and taking another month or 2. so question is, did i pretty much secure that rejection, or if there is enough interest would she see past that?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I liked a guy I would have no problem with being asked over facebook or message. The important thing is that he asks and I get to go out with him. I know lots of people tell you that you should do it in person - I would say yes that is nice but I wouldn't reject him because he did it via message.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not saying that you destroyed your chances but it would've been much better if you had done it in person. If only you had called her to talk privately when you had the chance... or if you had planned better how you would do it... well, what is done is done. Now just hope that she'll answer something.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes u did!

What Guys Said 3

• If you can manage to make a girl laugh or otherwise feel good about herself while she's around you (notice that I said make her feel good about HERSELF) or get her to enjoy interacting with you in someway, then you always have some kind of shot if you really want to put in the effort.

• Honestly in person is so much better. What I would have done is ask her to talk in private after work or something then ask her. I mean rejection is rejection and your coworkers would find of either way if you asked her in person or over Facebook.

• How did she respond on facebook after

• hasn't even read it yet, just sent it like 5 mins befor i came on here to post this lol

• I wouldn't say you blew it but it depends on the girl if you think you've built a strong enough connection with her then she might say yes but asking her out in facebook is not really a good thing it's better to ask her out in person though even with the other 3 co workers.