Tall girl dating a shorter guy?

Soo I'm a tall girl (5'11). People say im attractive and im pretty confident in my height except for one problem, Im almost aalways attracted to guys shorter then me... Like waaay shorter. Basically every guy likes girls shorter then them ESPECIALLY short guys so they aren't usually interested in me. The shortest guy i've crushed on was 5'0" and the shortest guy i've dated was 5'7". So how do i get noticed by a shorter guy? Also would u date a girl far taller then you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would. I'm 5'4" and would date a gal to 5'7" or so since gals might like to heels every now and then. Plus, I'd like to be able to kiss her on the lips when the mood strikes.

For some reason, I've noticed that I tend to attract gals that are taller than I am as a "ratio."

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol this question.

I'm 6'2". I'm also a shoe whore. You do the math -- I'm almost always the tallest person in the room, just about wherever I go.

I also love men, I love sex, and I always have. My tastes have always run in the direction of densely built, powerful male bodies -- which, more often than not, has meant men shorter than me.
    My husband is 5'11" (and let me tell ya, that man makes me feel like a little girl when I'm standing next to him). I've had boyfriends as short as 5'7", and have played around with men quite a bit shorter.

Lemme just tell you this:
    Yr statement "Basically every guy likes girls shorter than them" is WRONG.
    Nope.
    Totally wrong.
    90 percent of guys don't give shit number one, in the height department.
    And, the 10 percent who do? Honestly, they're losers anyway, so yr better off being able to eliminate them from yr pool upfront. (If they actually feel like their masculinity is threatened just because a woman is taller... smh)

What you're seeing there is FEMALE preference, not male preference.
    For reasons I -- and, presumably, you -- don't understand. WOMEN just cannot *stand* the idea of being in a relationship with a man who's shorter than they are. THAT is what you see.
    Men seriously just don't care.

As for "How do I get noticed?" -- You may have to be a little more obvious/forward than usual in making it clear that you're actually interested in the boys you're interested in, since lots of boys will just ASSUME that you -- like most other women -- would be closed off to the possibility, if they're shorter than you.
    This isn't a problem I generally had when I was single, because I am VERY brash, forward, and almost overbearing, lol. Don't know what yr personality is like, but... all I can say is, you can't afford to be a wallflower if you're interested in shorter guys. You'll just have to be more obvious than you otherwise might have been, because otherwise they'll assume you just won't be interested in them.
    For the most part.

• Wow thanks :) that was a really good response.

• @dcoolguy Lol, I'm taller, but certainly not "bigger". (Dude, really? Did you read *anything* I wrote? Densely built powerful male bodies, etc...)

I mean... if you honestly don't know the answer to that question, just use yr imagination. Think about how you'd "read" a couple's body language, to see who holds the power in that dynamic.
      I'm not gna try to write an explanation out for you... lol. Just think about it.

@dcoolguy Bro body language can make you sexy as fuck. Head up shoulders back hands at your hips with open palms (or behind your back with hands grasped but then you risk looking like an asshole). If you consciously do this you (or at least I did) notice girls all of a sudden start staring... like a lot. Also when you have the oppurtunity to speak do it (even if you look like a little bit of an idiot so long as you can laugh it off just never be nervous to speak your mind because you want to solidify social dominance as that is trait #1 that women evolutionarily look for in a mate)

What Guys Said 16

• Honestly i never understood the whole issue with a person's height. It is something that can not be controlled. I would definitely date a woman taller than me.

• Most women want guys taller then them and it's well known, so most short guys are going to assume you're not interested in them I think (I would). I like short women but I'd date one taller than me if I found her attractive and liked her otherwise. Height, while I do have a general preference, doesn't really matter if I truly like the person. Like a lot of other things (ex breast size, hair length etc) it's a general preference only, not a must have or deal breaker. So to answer your question, to get noticed you'll probably have to be the one to approach these guys you're interested in and make the first move. Like I say, short guys are just going to automatically assume you're not interested in them.

• I would just approach them and try to initiate conversations. I wouldn't mind dating a girl who is a lot taller than me and I'm sure a lot of other guys feel the same way but I think a number of shorter guys wouldn't approach a tall girl because they don't think they have a chance with her since a lot of girls won't give a guy the time of day if he's under a certain height

• Not everybody is the same. Not every guy wants to date a shorter woman than him. You just happen to be attracting the minority who don't mind being shorter than you. And yes, I would date a woman taller than me. I think tall women (even taller than you) are really hot.

• I'm 5'2 and wished I knew more tall women like you. lol

The main thing, is not caring what other people will say. And yes, this will become an issue if you date way shorter men.

Other than that, be sincere. Be blunt if you have to. Speaking for myself, if a tall girl were hitting on me I would wonder where the camera for the joke was. So we have to know you for real.

Have fun!

• jeese and lord mercy. 5'11 under 18? Damn son...

Yes, as a shorter guy, im open to dating taller women. The thing is though, i dont often try with taller women because they generally don't like shorter men, so you probably would have to do more work in order to let these guys know that you actually like them

• "jeese and lord mercy. 5'11 under 18? Damn son..."

lol future doc, you know that most girls reach their adult height around age 15-16, right?

• makes more sense if you weren't around girls as a teenager.

I have a couple of q's to ask about the whole all-boys school experience, I may shoot you some pm's at some point, tx in advance.

• Tall chicks are hot, but only chick I met taller than me was in volley team when I was in 8th bahaI was like 6 . Almost banged her, good times bahahahhaha

• Short guys would date any girl they can come across. It seems like they don't care about height. Just show that you're interested.

• I'm 6'1" and I have date girls taller than me. I was fine with it.

• its is quite uncommon for a lady to date a guy whose shorter than her... but you really don't have to care about it.. look at kevin hart.. he's got a partner taller than him. i guess. it really doesn't matter.

• Following

• No problem

• Well if she likes me then no problem even if she was tallest girl in the world

• You are too too tall and too intimidating. Scary tall. And how come you had a crush on a 5 feet tall man? 😞
    Yiu liked him? Did he show any interest in you? I doubt he would even be willing to stand next to you ever , forget dating you. He won't want to be with a woman who makes him feel they he doesn't exist at all.
    I wonder why you loke short men. Is it because you can easily dominate a short man physically, emotionally and sexually?

• 5'9 male, and yonget noticed by a short guy just don't try to be noticed. Go about your life as you would. I've seen women over 6 foot whom I thought eere very attractive and would date.

• Just walk around in your knees

What Girls Said 3

• watch lovely complex!

• Aquaint with him. If he blushes, then you can get your hint from there.

• That so cute :)