Strange Question of the Day?

I am a physician, and today I encountered a patient that revealed to their partner that they are transgender and are not the sex they pretend to be (he was in fact a she). They told their partner (who is a girl) that they were in fact transgender, and were planning to undergo sex reassignment surgery to fully transition into being a man. I am guessing these two have never seen each other naked, and have not even had any form of sex based on the fact that they said they have been together for 3 years. They were also planning to marry soon. Now a colleague and I had a conversation about this, and I said how this transgender person was a terrible person for not revealing this HUGE fact to their partner and keeping it from them for such a large period of time. My colleague defended the transgender woman saying "they didn't need to reveal this information to them." What do you think? Are they bad for doing this?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other
If you vote other explain why

Most Helpful Guy

• I would literally throw myself under a bus if I found out my SO was a dude

• lol I know right? Within 5-10 years we will be able to transplant a uterus into a man, and he could then have babies!

• Wow what is wrong with this world? I think I might move to Mars...

What Girls Said 2

• My vagina itches and I have blue cheesy stuff coming out... help me doctor! Why does it burn?

• I could understand not saying anything until, your comfortable maybe but 3 years that deceitful and wrong.

• they were planning to get married too

• lol I don't know I am a doctor not a lawyer

• lol haha

What Guys Said 2

• It's her life

• How would they not know for that long? Not even curious enough to fool around even. No wonder both could hold out on sex for so long , they were both women. But yeah it's wrong to hold out on that info , what if she wanted kids of her own with them