My friend admitted he liked me, but should I reject him because he has a baby on the way?

We're both 21 and young. I can't imagine having a baby, much less dating someone with one at this age. I really would like to give him a chance but I don't want to get caught up in anyone's drama or deal with a child. However, I feel bad because many people seem to be having children this young now.

Most Helpful Guy

• Bad he likes you while having baby with someone else. Says he doesn't know how to deal with his situation and is escaping to find a new "drug"... you or someone else.

Feel bad because not having a baby at this age. Be GLAD! They are expensive and needy creatures, you have plenty of time. Don't do it because he cann't afford the baby and girlfriend he has. If you think you are the only other girl he's looking at you are mistaken. He's out of control. I've met this guy and he's a disaster for all involved.

• How about if the guy is in his 30s, has a few months old baby and interested? Taking care of the baby on different days. Would you still avoid?

• @TrulyPink28 gotcha... you are saying he's a fairly normal and successful guy with a baby. The risks are thus the relationship with the baby girlfriend is not concluded. The other risk is he is still emotionally wounded and not healed from all of that, which means he can't give you himself, only sex. I see a risk of you getting friendzoned if you just help him as a friend. Its different for woman, but guys doing that get friendzoned. So you have to guage his intent as usual.

If I was him, Id want a 33 yr old psychologist woman... e. g. smart, mature, established, able to help with baby, and any and all benefits with that if good relationship. So I can see you adding value to his life.
      I'd go slow for sure and build relationship, but thats generally true. He may be "needy" which we both know isn't healthy. It wouldn't hurt for you to have your own counselor to drag through this for a while to make sure you are thinking clear. When emotions get wrapped up, one gets blinded.

• I do have the counsellor.:) I'm aware of be helpful to him in many wats

Most Helpful Girl

• You are 21. You will find plenty of other guys to fall for that DON'T have a kid on the way. I would suggest you keep looking for them. This guy may be great and nice, but you're young and deserve to actually live your life, not help someone and their kid live theirs.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, stay out of that mess!

• ''However, I feel bad because many people seem to be having children this young now.''

Many idiots you mean. By all means reject him. Most sane people wouldn't date someone with a kid.

• That's a bucket of crazy you don't want to kick over ! Find someone who doesn't have kids, Especially one on the way. To me that's settling. You don't have to do that.

• Let's be honest. A partner who has a child brings responsibility on BOTH parties.

If you decide to go ahead, remember that his child will most likely be always more important to him. There's no denying that.

Personally, I wouldn't date a woman who has a child, as it brings a certain level or responsibility that I'm not ready for.

Whatever you decide, YOU need to be happy. Don't do something you're not sure about.

• Do whatever you want... But I recommend you to run as fast as you can

• Who's giving birth? An ex-girlfriend who wants him to take the baby?

• I like you too, where can I meet. I looking for friends with benefits.

• no... having a baby during your 20s is gonna be a pain..
    trust me.. im 16 :D

• Do you like him?

• Lol, you are next on his list.

What Girls Said 9

• One word of advice : don't.

At 21, a kid is huge responsibility and will affect his life very very drastically.

• Depends on who the baby's mother is. If he just got out of a relationship, then I say stay away. But if he's serious, take it EXTREMELY slow, like, don't even consider a kiss until like the 5th or 6th date lol.

I personally wouldn't give him a chance because I wouldn't want to be involved in that mess. But do what you want, you only live once. I doubt he's wanting you to be a second mom to the kid, but it does feel like he's struggling with this situation.

• Yeah don't get caught up with dating a single parent. There's usually a lot of drama and his ex girlfriend is going to be in the picture for the next 18 years.

• If you are having doubts then dont. There most likely WILL be baby mama drama and no one wants to be a part of that. Find someone else.

• How can a him have a baby so it must be his ex-girlfriend's baby. And you want to get involved in that melodrama? Stay away and don't feel bad live a life your own life

• Don't jump into anything too soon, remain friends, wait until he has the baby because his whole life and schedule will change.

• The real question you can only ask yourself is do you want to be a step mom or not?🤔

• I would if I were you.

• Yes reject him, don't date him. And don't feel bad about it either.