Why won't my boyfriend tell me how pretty he thinks I am?

I keep asking my boyfriend how pretty he thinks I am on a scale of 1-10 and he said that its demeaning to give anyone a number and that he just thinks that I'm pretty and beautiful. But a year ago he said that I was an 8. I asked him about that and he said that if he did do that then he's a different person now and that it was wrong of him to do so.
I think he just doesn't want to tell me and hurt my feelings...

Most Helpful Guy

• Jesus Christ woman... I can bet all of my money that if he actually WERE to give you an honest answer, you'd STILL find some fault with it. If it was 8/10, you'd cry over it not being 10. If it was 10/10, you'd cry about him lying or someshit.

Seriously... men don't like this kind of stuff.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop fucking pestering him! He sounds like a genuinely kind dude! What you're doing is incredibly annoying and needy and likely to push him away if you don't stop.

Besides, he's RIGHT. You don't need a fucking number. He obviously thinks you're pretty and finds you attractive or else he wouldn't be with you, and assigning it a number is dehumanizing.

What Guys Said 5

• Stop asking such a stupid question. He's with you because he likes you. If he didn't like you, he wouldn't be with you.

• Cause you're asking him a trick question. If he answers 9.9 it's a problem if he says 10 he's lying. Don't look for problems where there aren't any.

• what? do you really want your physical appearance to be rated by number? as if it was a website rating a movie or a video game? i dont understand.

• He already told you why

• I don't think that's true. I know plenty of guys who won't rate girls because they feel it is a wrong and immature thing to do.

What Girls Said 7

• He won't tell you because he doesn't want you to get upset if he doesn't say 10 and no one is a perfect 10 so…

• I don't know why you want a number to label your appearance. Being called pretty and beautiful by him should be all you care about

• In my experience, adjectives (especially the lovely ones he used) are much better than a number :)

If he said you were an 8 previously, I doubt it would have changed. I don't think he's lying and doesn't want to hurt your feelings, otherwise he wouldn't be dating you!

PM me if you wanna talk about this more

• I think you re overreacting and doing a drama over nthng.
    he already said he finds you attractive plus he s with YOU isn t that proof enough that he s into you?

• I'm with your boyfriend on this one. Ratings are stupid and unnecessary. People change in a year lol, don't think too much about it.

• He already told you that your pretty and beautiful.
    Why does he have to give you a number?
    I don't even do the dumb number scale thing, I just use words.

• That's because it is an idiotic question and he is right. You can't put a number on love. Honestly, you're at fault here