I asked the guy I've been dating for a month out to my best friend's wedding this morning, did I scare him?

I've been seeing this guy once or twice a week for a little over a month, and we've been having a great time. He's very funny and our sex life is very good so far and he's very cuddly. I was hesitating asking him out to my best friend's wedding and I just did this morning before leaving (the wedding is in two weeks), I tried to minimize the importance of it by saying no pressure, I think its going to be a fun event in a beautiful environment etc. He said it really wasn't his thing and I thanked him for his honesty (he thanked me for asking him:/ after). I certainly felt a little hurt by his response, but tried not to show it. I'm now afraid he feels weirded out or scared. Should I give him space or talk/text him like nothing happened (or something else? ) I didn't think he'd be so freaked out because he's talked about his family a lot and bringing back his grandma's cooking etc. Thanks for your advice!

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah your reading into it too much. Your early in the relationship. He would know anyone and it would be a little weird to go. Nothing happened he told you the truth. Its not his thing. Just talk normal to him

• Thanks for the MHO!

• Isn't a month and a half of dating short though? We only see each other once a week about. Also, for the shaking, I think he's a nervous guy that hides it well in general if that makes sense? The dentist told him he was a teeth problem because he grinds them at night (haven't noticed so far on my end). Also, when we met, he was nervous to ask my number / and then kiss me. He told me he wanted to do that all night, but only did in a panic when I said I was gonna leave.

• Well I guess you could just keep going and see. I don't know if I like a girl and we are at your level I'd want her to be mine. But you do only see each other once a week so who knows.

What Guys Said 3

• It can be really intimidating to be invited to something like that. You are put on display for all her friends and probably some family too. He is still getting use to you and still getting to know you, so a month in is a bit early. I don't blame him. If the wedding is months away and if you are still dating, I am sure he would go no problem.

• I think he was wrong. I personally like going to weddings. However, some guys are weirded out by them. They shouldn't be.

• I hope it did not scare him away... he did look at least affected if not weirded out to me. Should I text him if he doesn't? I don't want to suffocate him if he needs space. He was away for last weekend for four days and it was the only time he didn't text everyday. I initiated it after 4 days. I liked it when we would text everyday!

• Are you serious about him? Like I said earlier many men
      are weirded out by weddings. I'm not and never have been.
      I've met some really good women at weddings. One whom I
      dated for a year. The weddings that I don't like to attend are the
      ones where you know the couple is ill suited for one another and
      that there's no way they will last. I always have this impending
      sense of doom at these.

• Maybe he might be intimidated, being invited to a wedding is something else.. if he's up for it cool

What Girls Said 1

• You said boyfriend in the question which like SUPER confused me LOL. I think you're over reading into his reaction, he doesn't sound freaked out at all. Just carry on like nothing happened. Like maybe you went "hey wanna go get ice cream today" and he said no.

• Where did I mention boyfriend? Now I'l confused! You're right I'll pretend like its not a big deal, but I hope it did not scare him away... he did look at least affected to me. Should I text him if he doesn't? I don't want to suffocate him if he needs space

• I don't know!! I thought for some reason it said "I invited the guy I'm dating to my boyfriends wedding" and I was like WHOA WHATS HAPPENING. ahahaha sorry I guess not..

I don't think it was that serious to really "need space" if you want to you can say something like "hey I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable by inviting you to the wedding, I promise it's no big deal but since I was going I figured it would be fun so I wanted to see if you'd be interested, that's all"