Girls, Who are you likely to date?

Someone who is fat but you are attracted to them on a mental level, or, someone who you are attracted to physically but mentally they pompous.

I ask this because i want to gauge just how low on the totem pole fat people are despite their other qualities people may like. What if they are brilliant scientist like Einstein or creative geniuses like Spielberg or Rowling? Etc.

Just how unfavorable does the skinny guy have to be before a fat person is chosen?

Now I've done multiple studies across several mediums in person and online that tells me, 95-98% of the time a woman would pick a male that's fit and just shy of crazy over someone who is fat, and oh, i don't mean Seth Rogan fat, i mean fat like Homer Simpson/Peter Griffin is depicted or early Jonna Hill fat.

So lets say both these guys are your options and to make it fair, both can be brilliant or creative, but one is stil fat and the other pompous.

And don't get me wrong, i understand the need for physical attraction and i know women do date and even marry fat guys and start families, but it's still rare in the greater scheme of things. I just want to figure out at which point it's no longer the be all end all factor.

20

Most Helpful Girl

• It's easier to lose weight than it is to change your behavior. I'd choose the guy who was overweight. I personally don't judge a man by his appearance alone. I mean, he's obviously have to carry himself well to get my attention in the first place. I'm attracted to intelligence more so than looks. But I'm a sucker for pretty eyes and a nice smile. If he's kindhearted, we share the same morals/values and he has a sense of humor, the overweight guy would be my choice for sure. It's not all about how a person looks. None of us are perfect, and there is always room for improvement no matter our size.

What Girls Said 19

• For dating I'd choose neither. Tried the second guy, doesn't work in the long run.
    I need a balance, if I'm gonna have a relationship with someone I need a sexual attraction, and a good connection, that's is what makes the chemistry work for me.

• The first one because regardless of looks, I think relationships without mental/emotional connections are a waste of time.

• I'm not attracted to fat guys, and I work very hard to stay thin and healthy. If I'm not attracted to a guy, its a non-starter.

I'd like to say I also wouldn't date the jerk, but attraction is such a fundamental level of human motivation that I would likely overlook a lot of bad personality traits

• I'd chose the fat guy with the great personality over the slim pompous git any day. The slim pompous guy would only be capable of loving the person in the mirror.

• It's like, 80% personality for me and 20% physical attraction too. Like the guy doesn't have to be good looking/hot, I guess I've just gotta have some attraction to him physically too. On the other hand, if he's really good looking with the worst personality then ha no

• Being fat isn't low on the totem pole. For me appearance has a lot to do with interests which is important in a SO. For instance, I would be less likely to date a person because they don't eat healthy or go to the gym. If they have those qualities and are slightly overweight I wouldn't mind. it isn't all appearance

• Not really attracted to fat guys so thats obviously off my list. Other than that, I won't be too picky.

• I'm not going to date someone in but attracted to inside and out.

• Neither. To varying extents, I need/would like a combination of physical attraction and emotional connection.

• Metal connection is the absolutely most important thing for me. I would never consider being with someone who I didn't feel close to, even if they looked good.

• I can't date someone who I can't connect with on a mental level, as attractive as they are. It'll be like dating an empty shell. So I'd take someone I actually do connect with any day, I won't care too much if they are "fat".

• I was not physically attracted to my boyfriend when I met him but after I got to know him he is the most beautiful human I ever saw

• If I was to have a solely physical relationship with the person I'd want someone skinny.
    If I was looking for someone to live with and grow old I want someone intellectual and it doesn't really matter the size of shape for that.

• Neither. The fat guy would be my best friend.

• Well I had my first boyfriend during my sophomore year in highschool.

• you think these chicks know the answer to that question? when kim k is dating KANYE?

• Instead of asking which we girls would date a better question is who we actually ended up with.

• For me, in general, i don't feel sexual attraction right off the bat. I have to know the person before I start feeling attracted to them in that way. I still find some attractive immediately but that doesn't mean I'm sexually attracted to them.
    With that in mind O think it would be very realistic that I could end up dating a heavier guy.

• This may sound really bad and shallow, but I need a guy that fits my taste and I'm not attracted to Fat guys I like guys who are fit and take care of themselves all my boyfriends have been personal trainers and athletic men and that's just what I like. But I would totally be friends with a fat guy! if I meet a fit attractive guy is an ass I will find another fit guy with a better personality