I'm depressed about being single because people always judge me and put me down...what's wrong with me?

I'm 16 I'll be 17 next month we only have 5 days left of school and I didn't get a girlfriend this year despite trying. I'm not a, "nice guy" and I'm not a,"bad boy" either if I'm attracted to a girl I make the effort to get to know her before I befriend her but everytime the girl puts me makes fun of me and openly flirts with another guy which don't get me wrong it's totally fine but it makes me feel like I'm not good enough for girls I'm just sick and tired of seeing all my friends with girlfriends. Any ideas on what I should do next. I'm not fat I'm very skinny and linky kinda short too. I co own my moms business so I have a paying job this summer all I'm doing is working out, working and learning guitar, "by myself".

Please a lot of responses

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, the first thing that you are doing wrong is listening to what other people tell you about yourself. Someone else's opinion about you does not have to be your reality. It only becomes your reality if you listen to it. Ignore them.

When you talk to yourself, especially when you express your opinion about yourself, talk positively, even if you don't believe those things at first because, after awhile, you will believe them. People often say that they have no control over their feelings. They are wrong. You feel the way that you do because of the thoughts that you have. If you turn those thoughts into positive messages, you will feel better about yourself.

Nothing impressive is ever built in a day. It takes time and so people get frustrated and they quit. Pay the price and make the sacrifices and one day will be your day. just try to be a little better each day when you go to sleep than you were when you woke up in the morning.

Finally, stop concentrating on it. Find something that you really want to do in life and go after. Success builds confidence and it is attractive to others, and it will distract you from all the negative thoughts running around in your head.

What Girls Said 4

• Awe, I'm sorry this is happening! :( You sound like a nice guy!

I think the issue is you are 16 years old. Just you wait, you will eventually get a girlfriend. It just takes time. I didn't have a boyfriend most of high school, as most high school kids didn't. Just enjoy high school. I know it seems like the end of the world right now to not have a girlfriend, but trust me, you will find a girlfriend :)

• Don't let that make you feel sad. I never dated in high school and it was fine that way. It saves you from stress and heart break plus most kids your age can't handle a serious reltionship. Just focus on yourself and your development. Enjoy life, that's such a small part plus you've got like 70 years to find someone. Your're not pressed for time in any sense of the word.

• You don't need to have a girlfriend every year. Who do you need to prove yourself to? If you feel that you're a nice guy, that's all that should matter. It's better that you wait for a person you actually love than go with just anybody to be able to say that you have a girlfriend.

• Dating someone is not the be all end all of high school. I also never dated in high school, but was busy finding myself. Yes, I did get lonely and wished I had a boyfriend some days. I didn't start dating until my 20s in University. Don't get hung up on the things you don't have, because there is plenty more to life to enjoy in your teens.

What Guys Said 1

• just hang in there everything ia gonna work out... there is lot more to life than having a girlfrnd...