Can I get my flashdrive back?

After talking for a couple weeks online a met a guy from an online dating site. Things went well and we went out a couple times over the past 3 weeks. I finally found someone to watch GoT with on Sunday nights. Last week I brought the episode over on a flashdrive. Afterwards we had sex for the first time and I spent the night. We had already discussed only sleeping with each other at the moment. When he left for work the next morning we were on good terms and he complimented my skills in bed. Little did I know I forgot the flashdrive (probably still plugged into his tv).

Long story short he has ghosted completely and won't respond to anything. Sadly I get that some guys do that, but I want my drive back. I texted him this yesterday with no response-

"I try to assume the best of people as long as possible, but I've reached that limit. I have been told about guys who view getting sex as a game, but I thought better of you. Either way you still have my flash drive, on the ring with a smith's card, that I would like back. If you prefer not to meet in person you can mail it. "

I know I can replace it, but it's the principle of the point. Do you think I have any chance of getting my property back?

He finally responded with this
Hey. I'm sorry I haven't responded, I'm not ignoring you, I've been in a pit of depression these past few days and haven't really spoken to anyone

I have no idea if I should believe this or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him "That sucks to hear, but I understand. I really need that flashdrive, so please let me know when you are free so I can come get it. Hope you get better soon."

• And when you meet up to get the flashdrive, don't stay over if he asks you. Tell him politely that you got some plans and maybe you can hang out some other time. If he asks you out again after few days, I'd give him a chance.

What Guys Said 4

• i understand principle when items are on loan. but, you forgot it... so it's your duty to retrieve it. if it was your wallet with credit cards, id, and $, I bet It wouldn't take much for you to show up uninvited and retrieve them yourself.

• Did you brign it over to his house, if so just knock on his door and ask.

• It's not polite to show up at someone's home with out an invitation at least in this area, sadly we aren't 10 anymore. I'm not willing to stoop to his level. Not to mention it could be pretty awkward for him to see the women he tried to ghost.

• it's not polite to not call back, I wouldn't give a shit what's right give me my fucking USB stick you bellend is how I'd greet him.

• You're better off replacing it

• It wasn't cheap and was a gift from a friend. Not to mention it had my grocery discount card on the same hook. It was suggested that some guys keep "trophies"?

• 1) go to his house
    2) ring doorbell
    3) ask flash drive
    4)? sex?
    5) get flack drive

What Girls Said 2

• I seriously doubt he will give you an invitation to his house, so if you really want that flash drive back, you'd better go to his house and ask.

• There's a chance, but I think you should count on it being gone for good.