Everyone thinks I'm spending too much time with my boyfriend. What's their problem and why are they trying to ruin my relationship?

We've been dating since February and we're in love with each other and we know we want to get married, but everyone still seems to think we are spending way too much time with each other and claiming that I need to maintain my "independence". I don't understand what the big deal is. if you love someone you spend all your time with them. I Don't have a problem with it he doesn't have a problem with it so why do my friends and my family have a problem with it? are they jealous? do they hate him?
I love him so much I'd die if we ever broke up. the thought of it makes me cry

Most Helpful Guy

• You are in your 30s wth does their opinion matter, you are a grown woman And can do what you want.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they should get over it. That is how it goes at the beginning and it is such a great fun time and I would just go with it. In the long run you do not want to lose your independence though, so make sure you still do have your own life and spend time with your friends. But, this is how it goes at the beginning and if they should be happy. When my friends start dating new people I do not get angry when they spend a lot of time with them, because I realize now that is just how it goes and when I start seeing someone I probably would do the same. Maybe try spending a little time with them now though just to appease them and it is healthy after all. Then maybe they will back off.

• I do make time for my friends but I can't make time for my family too, and they're never available when I want to do things. So I was with my boyfriend from Thursday until this morning, and I went to see my mom to hang out and she said she's tired she needs to relax. So when I finally did make time for her she's tired and she's being all rude saying I could've made time for her over the weekend. I don't know I'm just fed up and sick and tired of her negativity.

• Well, just let it go for now and have fun with this new love. You are older and you know this guy is the one so just have fun and enjoy that. Eventually this wears off and you will spend more time with them, or maybe just try to spend a couple hours on the weekend with your family. But like I said, you only get to go through this super fun and passionate time once and it doesn't last forever so just go with that and enjoy it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• This doesn't sound like love... It sounds like infatuation. An important part of a healthy relationship is maintaining individual identity, but you saying that if you break up you'd die is a red alarm to an unhealthy relationship. The part about them hating him or being jealous is also a red flag...

• They don't want to see you hurt. They're only trying to look out for you