Constantly calling partner to prevent him from cheating?

I know how mad this sounds, but in the past.. I was the girlfriend who used to call or text their boyfriend every 15 minutes so i knew they weren't cheating.. because not much could get done in 15 minutes right?
Did anyone else used to be like this? I've slowly learnt, that if someones going to cheat, they'll cheat and keeping tabs on a partner is not only mentally unstable, mentally draining and crazy.. but if they're going to do it.. that won't stop them!

Most Helpful Guy

• wow that's crazy. if you feel like you have to prevent someone from cheating then you either have the wrong partner or need to straighten things out within yourself before dating

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend knows that I got tainted in the past, and sometimes I did worry he would cheat, but thank fuck for snapchat lol, he usually snaps me all the time which is actually really cute and thoughtful. When I was with an ex, I text him all the time but he was literally at work so he couldn't respond, when he got off work (3 am) I would be sleeping usually, so he didn't text me as much-- he always told me what he was doing like after work would go to his mates bar (a female) and I was 100% okay with it because I knew her and didn't think he would ever hook up with her.. because tbh she was filthy inner and outer, but he did. So yes if they're going to cheat they definitely are.

What Guys Said 3

• There's a very good and simple solution to your problem.
    If you don't trust them; don't be with them.
    No more worry :)

• Don't keep calling them. There's nothing you can do. A cheater will always find a reason to cheat. Even if they have to make up a nonexisting reason.

• good that you learned not to do that

What Girls Said 3

• That is really crazy! No I have not done that, although I do figure if they spend a lot of time with me and I know they are busy when they are not me then they also do not have time to cheat. It is more a whole day at a time thing rather than 15 mins. Because seriously it would take way longer than 15 minutes for a guy to meet someone and decide they want to hang out with them and then decide they want to cheat on their girlfriends and have sex with them. But, yeah, I am glad you changed because that is seriously nuts and in any time frame a person will cheat if they are going to cheat. I hope you only stopped this but worked on your serious trust issues.

• I was never like this. But I definitely always kind of fact-checked for a bit. My ex cheated on me so that's why I was so suspicious.

I realize though that I have to just let that go. I still do a bit of fact checking but I'm not obsessed. Basically I have to trust them. And If I can't and they are giving me a reason not to trust them, then what's the point of being with them?

• ummm nooo...